Mindy Memories

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hope everyone is enjoying a yummy dinner with family and friends today. It's almost 5PM here and I plan on eating within the hour, depending on when Tim gets home. He had to work today so we're having a late dinner, and nothing big. I have a 3-pound turkey breast cooking (almost done), and we'll also have mixed veggies, potatoes, gravy, sweet potatoes, crescent rolls, cranberry sauce and sweet potato pie. That's plenty for just the two of us. I'm a lazy Thanksgiving cook -- the only think I cook from scratch is the turkey. Everything else is canned, refrigerated, pre-made, etc. When I cook for more people I cook more food and include homemade sweet bread and some other items, but even then I believe in convenience. I don't like the idea of spending all Thanksgiving in the kitchen when I'm with family -- I prefer to spend more time with them then cooking, but I'm not big on cooking to begin with.

So, today I spent some time rearranging the livingroom a little in preparation for putting up the Christmas tree tomorrow. I was going to do it today, but found out Tim was asked to work tomorrow, so I'll just do it tomorrow instead. I have also spent quite a bit of time working on Dragon Dreams' "Why Hoard Gold?" It's coming along nicely. I *might* be able to finish it by the time I go back to work on Monday. We'll see.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 7:26 PM, Blogger Kelley said…

    Enjoy your dinner! Happy Thanksgiving from BC!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home