Mindy Memories

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Tomorrow should be interesting

Most of tomorrow I'm going to be at one of my program's events outside. I'm not looking forward to the heat and humidity (when do I ever?) but the actual event should be great. We have two summer intern programs, one for at-risk Jewish high school students, the other for Jewish college students, and the college kids act as mentors to the high school kids. Tomorrow they are working together on a Mitavah project, which is helping senior citizens living in one of the Jewish Federation houses plant a small memorial garden. The seniors will share stories about the person they are memorializing, and will also receive Shabbat baskets. I think it's going to be great and hope that some of the media I contacted show up. With all the bad press about kids, it would be nice to see something good about some.

One thing about this job is that I'm learning quite a bit about Jewish traditions. It's very interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home