Mindy Memories

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Back on the wagon

I abandoned my beloved SparkPeople website when I started this new job in late March. For some reason, it was just hard for me to continue with it. So, now I'm down 15 but up 5 for a net loss of 10 pounds -- it's still a loss, but I need to get control of this before I end up back where I started.

So, I'm using the nutrition tracker and the message boards again. I did well with the challenges there in the past, and just signed up for a Labor Day challenge, losing 10 pounds by Labor Day. I think that's very reasonable.

It will probably help, also, if I go back to only getting that tall iced vanilla latte next door at Barnes & Noble on Friday mornings, not every morning lol. Those things are addicting! My soda intake has slowly been creeping up and I'm going to nip that in the bud, too. It's not as bad as it had been, but I'm drinking some every day and at one point I was down to only drinking soda once or twice a week. When I go back to drinking once or twice a week it will be non-diet, as I don't think diet soda is really any better for me than regular soda, and it may be worse.

The only problem I'm having with SparkPeople is that, since they've revamped it, it loads much more slowly on my dial-up here at home. That's frustrating. Luckily, at work I can hop on there and track things very quickly on breaks. I really enjoy the message boards there, so I hope we can get faster internet access soon. I'm noticing that more and more websites are geared toward faster connections, and we need to bite the bullet.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:18 AM, Blogger Jenn L in Chicago said…

    I'm also Sparking, and yes, I've noticed the slow-down too, even on DSL. Loading food lists is the worst for me. I don't use their menus, and I'm doing fairly well at sticking within the calorie limits appointed, but I'm still terrible at exercising.

     
  • At 8:27 PM, Blogger Singular Stitches said…

    Good for you getting back on the wagon!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home