Mindy Memories

Friday, June 23, 2006

Thanks! - And new clothes!

I'm still researching Quakers and also Unitarians to see what is for me. I think I'll probably visit a few different services and see what seems to feel like "home" to me. Thank you so much for the nice comments and also the comments left about my stitching. I so appreciate it! I was worried I might get some nasty comments to the spirituality issues, and am so thankful I haven't -- at least, not yet :)

I went shopping this week! I haven't lost more weight recently, but I found that my clothes are bigger than I thought, by accident. I was talking with my boss, who is only 2 years older than me, and said that I was giving away some of my clothes that had gotten too big. She mentioned that was good and that she noticed some of my clothes were getting a little baggy -- but I thought the clothes I was wearing were fine and the ones I'm getting rid of are others LOL! She felt bad and said she shouldn't have said anything, but I told her I reall appreciated it and didn't take it badly at all, because it's something I needed to hear. She's heavy in her lower body and has had some of the same "hiding behind clothes" issues that I have. My main problem, I think, is that I buy the wrong types of tops. I like comfy knits -- Henleys, polo shirts, etc. Those types of shirts tend to "show off" my spare tire and for me not to do that I need to get them big. Even though I'm very broad-shouldered, sometimes those tops are too big at my neckline to make room for Gutticus Maximus. So, I spent a long time the other day trying on some different styles and found cute stuff.

I've also decided to wear skirts more often, and most of the skirts I have are wintery and black. So, I've bought some more. I really wanted to buy some of those really long tiered skirts, but I was having a hard time finding them in petites and regulars are floor-length -- not a good look on me unless the skirt is straight. I bought quite a bit the other day at Fashion Bug, along with some summer shoes as I didn't have any of those, either. Today during my lunch hour I stopped by H&M and picked up a cute skirt, then Dress Barn and picked up a gorgoues turquoise and white outfit.

I'm very proud of myself for a few reasons, but the main one is that I took my time and really thought about what I was buying and if I'd wear it. I tried on a dress that was really nice and I almost bought it, but I realized it that I probably wouldn't be comfortable in it all day and may not wear it after I took it home. So, it went back on the rack.

Below are my show-off pictures of what I bought. I don't have anyone to take my picture right now, as Tim is at his mom's so the clothes alone will have to do. I can wear the short skirts to work on casual Fridays, and they are those "scooters" and are more comfortable than normal minis. They look good on my legs, as they aren't TOO short, but are about 3 inches above my knee and start to cover my legs where they start to go to hell.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

5 Comments:

  • At 7:47 PM, Blogger Karen said…

    I love your new clothes!! Especially those pretty blue sandals. : )

     
  • At 4:25 PM, Blogger Contemplative Activist said…

    Wow - some lovely clothes there - I really like the top blue skirt, I love that turquoisey colour.

     
  • At 4:31 PM, Blogger Faith Ann said…

    Wow... I love all your new clothes and shoes!!!

    I hope you are able to find a faith that suits your needs, it can certainly add a sense of peace to your life.

     
  • At 5:52 PM, Blogger Dianne said…

    Great mix and match wardrobe pieces! Since I know you IRL, I think those are good colors for you too.
    I prefer skirts too. I did find some stretchy denim shorts (to the knee) at Lane Bryant online as I couldn't find anything in the stores-I need the elastic waistbands. I think I bought most of my skirts at Value City near you.

     
  • At 5:54 PM, Blogger Dianne said…

    BTW, Walmarts has great White Stag slacks in the store right now for only about $10. If you buy a few pairs, they wear pretty well and they have petites. They have the flat panel in the front and the elastic in the back-just my speed.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home