Mindy Memories

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Winter clothes out, summer clothes in

Yes, it's the end of June and I'm finally doing this. I really don't have a lot of summer clothes that fit me at the moment, but got out what I had and added what I recently bought. I put away my winter clothes. I also went through some of each and am donating the clothes that fit but don't look great on me, or that are too small and aren't my style anymore. I still have quite a few clothes that are small for me that I hold on to, but they are "classics" that don't go out of style, and are clothes I really like and will look great if I lose enough weight to wear them again. I know we aren't supposed to do that, but I as much as I like buying new clothes, it's also fun to go shopping in my own closet. :)

I haven't done any stitching in the last week, but that's OK. I'll probably get some done this week. I've been busy with other parts of my life and that has just fallen a bit by the wayside.

I'm joining a gym in Philadelphia next week, as they are giving a deal for the 4th where you get July free. It's expensive, about the same as when I used to go to the Healthplex in Springfield Hospital. I thought about it for a while, and felt it was worth it. I paid more for that gym, but I went much more often than when I was going to LA Fitness, and enjoyed it more. The one in Philly is the Sporting Club at the Bellevue and is a 10-15 minute walk from work and also close to the train station. Of course, the main thing I look at in a gym is the pool, and this has a fantastic pool! Plus, they have a towel service included in the price, which is very handy when you're commuting from the 'burbs on the train and tend to use two towels. I'm really looking forward to this as swimming always makes me feel better and helps me get in shape. Of course, I really look awful in a bathing suit at the moment, but I will have to deal with it.

Not much else going on. Tim was here yesterday afternoon but had to go back to his mom's. The good part about him watching his mom's house while she's recovering from the knee surgery is that I can get things done around here without irritation. It would be nice to see him a bit more, though. Oh well, it will only be for a few months and this is something he needs to do for his mom and the least I can do for her is to support it.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:34 AM, Blogger Dianne said…

    I did the clothes 'switch over' about a month or so ago. I always have a bag for the Goodwill after I am finished too. They get lots of winter clothes, but what the heck, I just made more room in my storage (which is the attic).

     
  • At 6:15 PM, Blogger Singular Stitches said…

    Good luck with the gym!

     
  • At 6:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Comfortable winter and summer dresses are available at Macy's and Lane Bryant store with so many coupons...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home