Mindy Memories

Friday, July 14, 2006

My event today was great!

For one, we weren't outdoors the whole time. I was very happy with that. We were only out there during two plantings.

The biggie for me was that I actually got some of the media to show up! I've tried this before with little result, at my last job, so was thrilled today. Cameramen from both Channel 6 and Channel 10 came, a reporter from "The Jewish Exponent" was there the whole time and talked to several people, and a reporter and photographer from "Northeast Times" showed up and was there for quite some time. So, the program director thinks I'm wonderful, which is nice, but I really didn't do anything other than send out media advisories and make a few phonecalls. I think it may have something to do with what's going on with Israel at the moment, trying to show some good things, especially within the Jewish community. We actually had a real planting and then a fake one about an hour later because the media showed up at different times lol.

The kids were great and the senior citizens really enjoyed the time spent together. One dear lady got up and said how great it was and that she hoped they'd be back and think of them as grandparents. We could tell that the people who worked at this building of Federation Housing like what they do and know how to treat seniors well. The residents seemed happy, looked great for their ages, and were pretty active.

So, it was a great event and I think it may get the program more funding in the future, possibly some scholarship money for the high school students to go to college. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home