Mindy Memories

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

See you in a few days :)

I'm going to California early tomorrow and getting back very late on Monday night. Hope everybody has a nice weekend :)

But you don't get off that easy, I still have some stuff to say.

It's funny how people look at you like you have two heads when you say you WANT to walk somewhere and not take the bus. On Monday I visited one of our programs and took the train, which let me off a little over a mile from the location. I knew there was a bus that could take me but I could walk at least halfway there while waiting for the bus, so I decided to just hoof it since it was a nice day. When people asked me how I got to the place I told them and got, "That's a long walk. There's a bus you could have taken. You should have taken the bus." I wasn't winded or anything, and I was there in plenty of time. I said I knew about the bus but decided to walk since it was a nice day and only a bit more than a mile. I think they think I'm crazy. I figured it was a good way to get in some extra exercise when I knew I was going to be dead tired at the end of the day, as I was going to another location before I actually went to the office.

Today I went down to New Castle along with a colleague. We were there as moral support for one of our guys who was on CN8 this morning talking about resume tips for people graduating from college. It was interesting to see how some of the stuff worked there, although we weren't allowed in the actual studio. So, if you watched CN8 this morning and saw the segment on resume-writing, that was our guy. He was on soon after the Brazilian butt lift guy. We talked to the doctor before he went on and it was very interesting. He said that the type of surgery people get depends on where they live: very warm climates tend to make people want to get all sorts of stuff done because they wear very little or very thin clothes; people in northern Germany tend to get only face work done because everything else is covered up by layers of clothing most of the time and people only really see faces. Makes sense, just never really thought about it.

So, I'll be back after my vacation. Hope everybody has a good Passover or Easter.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:41 AM, Blogger Faith Ann said…

    Hope you have an awesome visit with your sister!!

    Good for you for walking instead of taking the bus... that's the type of thinking that everyone should have!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home