Mindy Memories

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Got through week 1

I got through week one of the new job and am very glad I made the decision. I've been handed over control of one on of the programs and next week will probably get another one or two. There's one that's huge that I'll probably get in pieces and with some hand-holding, which is perfectly OK with me. The one that is in my hands now is Career Solutions 55+, which helps people over the age of 55 find work -- people who are unemployed or underemployed, coming out of retirement for whatever reason, etc.

It's a good thing I got this job. For the second time in less than six months, I can't get into my Monster account. I know I had the right username/email and password, but checked the "forgot password" link anyway. I was told there was no account under that email account, which is complete BS. This happened to me a few months back and I had to start over again. I contacted customer service at Monster, which was laughable and useless. Luckily, this time I don't need to keep it up so I'll just let it be. I think perhaps they are running out of storage space and if you have a free account it gets "glitched" every so often and goes bye-bye. I had updated the resume maybe two months ago, so it wasn't out of date. Maybe I need to reread their rules and see if they make you update it more often before they delete it, but I think that's what's happening. It's like when we had AOL way back when and it would boot you off every so often and say the connection was lost for an "unknown reason." I really think it was that they were getting overloaded so if you had been on for a while, you got disconnected. I'm normally not a conspiracy theory type, but some of this stuff makes me wonder...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home