Mindy Memories

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Update

Been a few days, and I started my job on Monday. I think I'm really going to like it. I work with five women who are very intelligent, friendly and funny. I'm trying not to feel intimidated -- not by them, per se, but because they know so much about all these programs and I have a lot to learn. I know it's to be expected, and I've learned quite a bit in just the past few days, but it will be a while.

Today I found out the programs I'll be working with and am very happy. I'll be doing the marketing and PR for our Welfare to Work programs, Career Strategies (fee-based career counseling), Career Solutions 55+ (helps un- and under-employed seniors find work, for free), and a program that helps refugees and asylees gain employment, learn English, gain interview skills and learn the differences between cultures. I'm really excited about this, as I think it's important to help give people the skills they need in order to better themselves. So many people out there want to do better, but don't know where to start. Yes, we all know there are people out there who want to take advantage of some of the systems out there, but I think most people truly want what's best for them and their families, if they have one. They just don't know how.

My exercising and diet have been a bit off for the past week, but I'm holding my own. I'm trying to get a schedule that works around Tim's shift work. I'm finding that planning to workout in the morning just doesn't work for me most of the time. I don't really wake up until I get a nice shower, and I'm not going to shower twice in the morning.

I'm watching "O Brother, Where Art Thou" on TNT right now, and wondering why I haven't bought in on DVD yet. I just love this movie, and the music. I have the soundtrack around here somewhere.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:40 PM, Blogger Dianne said…

    Thanks for the job update. Your new job sounds very fulfilling and I know you will excel at it.
    Once you get use to your newer schedule, everything else should fall into place.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home