Mindy Memories

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Good Saturday

After finishing Christmas Flourishes last month, I've been in a bit of a stitching slump. As of this week, it looks like I'm back :) I've been working on Deepest Love and started Mermaid of the Pearls. I wasn't planning on starting MOTP, but I bought some beautiful fabric from Brandy on the 123 board and it is perfect for this design. Since we at the Mirabilia board have decided that March is mermaid month, I felt *forced* (lol) to work on more than one mermaid. I love Nora's mermaids and just can't get enough of them.

Somehow I lost another pound last week, even with the mall trip. I guess I did OK most of the week so that one day didn't kill me. I'm still getting used to the idea that eating sensibly with a treat here and there is not cheating, just normal eating. I think that's the toughest thing about losing weight -- many of us lose weight but we are in "diet" mode when we do it and are thinking that when we're done dieting we can do what we want, and that's how the weight (and then some) creeps back on. I'm thinking of this as a change in lifestyle, which is why I'm happy with losing a pound a week, or even averaging less. I figure if I lose it a little slowly it should be easier to keep it off. That's my theory, anyway.

I originally set a goal of losing 16 more pounds by Easter. So far I've only lost 5, but that's OK, keeping with my theory above. I can still lose a few more by Easter. I told Mo that I wanted to work walking and some exercise into some of the things we do while I'm visiting, if possible, so I should be getting good exercise. I think one of the days I'm there she's going to be working, so I'll be free to roam around the area where she works, which I believe is in a very hilly area and near Lombard. Walking those hills will definitely be good exercise!

Dana came over this afternoon and watched Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire with me. She hadn't seen it yet and really liked it. One of these days I need to read those books, but I have so many other books ahead of them. Yes, I know I keep saying that.

Well, Friday was my last day at work. It didn't really hit me until I was driving home and I teared up a little. It's so frustrating to feel that the only way I can excel is by leaving a place where I like working, for the most part. Oh well, I'm not going to second guess myself -- I KNOW this is the right thing. Doing the right thing for myself isn't always easy. I mean, my quest to get healthy isn't easy, but I know it's something I need to do.

I'm starting the new job on Monday, so I'm really looking forward to that vacation at Easter since I didn't take any time off between jobs. They've already been very nice to me and I know I'm going to like it there. In fact, I got an email yesterday that today there was a wellness walk if I was interested, although she knew it was late notice. If I hadn't already made plans with Dana, I would have gone as it fits in perfectly for what I'm doing. I did say that I'd love to get involved with the next one they do. It would be great if they do these a lot, and they may have a wellness program I'm not aware of or forgot about -- cool!

1 Comments:

  • At 12:52 PM, Blogger Dianne said…

    Hey Mindy!
    It's Monday, so I hope you are having a great day at your new job. Let us know. : )

     

Post a Comment

<< Home