Mindy Memories

Friday, April 07, 2006

Lots of stuff to blab about...

but it may be more interesting to me than you :)

Somehow, I lost another pound. It must be all the walking. My eating hasn't been really bad, but it hasn't been as good this past month as it was in February. I'm not exercising as much at home, but am walking at least a mile a day, sometimes more if I wander the city at lunch and after work. I know I've said it before, but it's been hard for me to get into a routine since starting this new job.

I can hardly wait for my vacation next weekend! I'm flying out to San Francisco early Thursday morning and getting back Monday night. Tuesday is going to be tough back at work after getting used to the different time zone, but it will be worth it.

I love the benefits at my new job! We had an all-day orientation on Wednesday. It was long, but it makes sense for them to do it this way. They have over 1000 employees and just can't trickle information to people here and there. The only thing that frustrated me was that some people just didn't seem to realize how good those benefits are. Our co-pays are less than I've seen in my last two jobs, plus our employer reimburses part of it in our next paycheck, as long as we fill out the proper form. People thought paying $15 for a doctor's visit, then getting back $10, was high. Keep in mind that, if we go with Keystone, we don't pay a monthly premium -- that's practically unheard of these days. Granted, employees are 100% covered but dependents aren't so if you have kids it can add up. However, the copays are still very reasonable. Same with the dental plan -- it's not a bad plan, and many places don't offer dental at all, but there was a lot of complaining. I don't know how the HR guy deals with that every month, as I'm sure this happens at each orientation he gives. He's a good sport, for sure. They aren't going to hear any complaints about the health benefits from me!

Tim gave me an early birthday gift -- an Olympus digital camera! Remember how I was trying to get my pictures online but no longer had access to a scanner? Well, the digital camera is even better! So far I've taken a few pictures of stitching and some cat pictures. This weekend I have to figure out how to get them on the computer, but it doesn't look like it will be difficult. I was very surprised.

You know, there was more I was going to write but I just can't remember now lol. I'm pretty beat now that I'm home from work and relaxed and it's time for me to chill out for a bit :)

5 Comments:

  • At 7:13 PM, Blogger Jill in CA said…

    Cool, enjoy the new camera!

    Your benefits sounds great. Much better than mine.

    Have a nice trip to San Francisco; it is one of my favorite cities.

     
  • At 7:47 PM, Blogger Faith Ann said…

    Awesome birthday gift... can't wait to see some pics! Make sure you take lots of pictures on your trip to share too :)

    Thanks for the recommendation on the WATP videos. I bought the walk-jog dvd and it's great... it will be perfect for taking to my mom's.

     
  • At 3:29 PM, Blogger Christine G. said…

    sign up for flickr so i can add you as a contact! Enjoy your camera. i almost bought an olympus and went with the nikon. i think that the olympus has faster shutter speed settings and i wish now i'd gotten it.

    cheers!

     
  • At 12:03 AM, Blogger Dianne said…

    I love digitals. They are the best. I hope you take lots of photos around town to share the city with others. (Philly that is).
    Have a great trip!

     
  • At 1:19 AM, Blogger Karen said…

    Congratulations on the digital camera! I love mine. I think it's much better than a scanner for posting stitching pics. My scanner always seems to get the colors wrong. Have fun with it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home