Mindy Memories

Friday, March 31, 2006

Should be a beautiful weekend

Well, we're going to have rain for part of tomorrow, but the temperature is going to be in the 60s and 70s this weekend -- rain or not, I like that. I can sit in my livingroom and stitch with the windows open. I love doing that when it's raining. I'll be doing this after I get groceries and do some cleaning around here, and after getting some exercise in. That won't take all day, though. I should be able to finish Guardian Angel this weekend, as I'm only filling in the white on the wings now and that's it, and I've already finished more than half of that.

I'm going to see if I can use the graphic designer's scanner at work while she's at lunch so I can scan my recent finishes and WIPs. I miss updating my online album and my blog. It's always nice to see things change. I plan on getting a digital camera sometime soon, but it won't be THAT soon.

We may see V for Vendetta this weekend, I'm not sure. I've heard a lot of good things about it and I think it looks pretty interesting. Since I now have my April SEPTA pass, I may take some time and go down into the city Sunday and go to the art museum. It's been a while, and I know they used to let you in free before a certain time on Sundays. I've already paid for my train pass, so I could do the whole thing for free.

Speaking of going downtown, I discovered a great little Civil War museum downtown, only a few blocks from where I work. I'm going to see if they need any volunteers to help with data entry, website changes, or anything. I don't know enough to give "the talk" to people when they come in. I was happy to find that the guide was impressed about how much I did know about the Civil War. I've always been big on it, especially the Battle of Gettysburg, and I guess a lot of people don't know who Meade was. I also think I'm going to join one or two of the local Civil War organizations that meet at the museum. This has been another good thing that came from getting this job -- it gets me into the city more and I'm discovering things I probably wouldn't have otherwise, as I avoid driving there when I can and often just didn't feel like spending the money on transportation to go down there.

Speaking of work, it's going very well. I feel like I'm a good fit. A woman two doors down from me does needlepoint and absolutely loves my Mirabilia Christmas Elegance that I have hanging in my office. I gave her the Mirabilia website if she wanted to look at others, warning that the pictures don't do them justice. I think I'll send her the link for the Mirabilia/L&L Gallery, as those pictures come out better. She's thinking about converting to needlepoint.

My weight loss has pretty much been put on hold for March, but I didn't gain anything. I'm walking between 1 and 2 miles a day between the train station and work, but haven't been doing a lot of other exercising and my eating hasn't exactly been stellar. Getting groceries tomorrow will help.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:58 PM, Blogger Dianne said…

    You sound good Mindy. I am intrigued by your interest in the Civil War. Brian has a few books on the subject and we've all been to Gettysburg on class trips.
    Have a great weekend. Let us know what you think of V for Vendetta.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home