Mindy Memories

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Update

Don't have a lot of time to write this morning before I need to get ready for work, but wanted to post some stuff.

1. Still working on my weight. I'm down a total of 13 pounds but I think I look like I've lost more than that. I need to get a new picture up. I technically only weight 3 pounds less than the last picture, but I look a lot thinner and I'm wearing clothes I haven't worn in years. The last few days my exercising and food haven't been perfect, but I'm doing OK. As long as my general trend is downward, I'm happy.

2. Only a few more days until I start my new job. I'm excited, sad and nervous at the same time. I already have three meetings set up, two during my first week LOL. I think I'm really going to like this place and hope that I can catch on as quickly as I should.

3. Today the staff at my current job is going to the King of Prussia Mall for half a day. Harris gave us a staff award and a limo is picking us up at the office at 10:30, taking us to the mall where we're eating at the Cheesecake Factory, then we'll go shopping in the mall until 3:00 and get back about 3:30. The lunch is paid for, and we're getting gift certificates for shopping. Very nice. That's what I mean about the people -- there are very good people working there and Harris is good about showing appreciation, I just needed more. That probably sounds very selfish, but it's the truth.

4. One thing I like about the new job is all the holidays. I'm going to get normal holidays, which you just don't get in the financial industry, plus Jewish holidays. I'm still going to visit my sister over Easter because I get Passover and Good Friday off and will only have to worry about that Monday, for which I will probably not get paid. I can do this without touching future vacation days, while where I was working I would have had to take 3 vacation days for the same trip. I think I'll also miss less work due to migraines. The headaches started creeping up on me again in the last year, and I think it's because I had less time off than I was used to. I probably sound like a wimp, but I need time off as I internalize all stress and it causes my migraines. I think eating better and exercising is helping a little and will continue to help, but sometimes I just need down time. If that means I can't get a job making major bucks because I can't handle the schedule, so be it.

I think that's everything for now. Good thing I'm a fast typist. Now I have about 30 minutes to get in the shower, get dressed, fix my face (rarely fix my hair lol) and get my butt out the door. Luckily, I can move quickly when I need to and don't put on a ton of makeup :)

1 Comments:

  • At 11:00 AM, Blogger Dianne said…

    Wow Mindy! You sure are in a whirlwind of activity there. Hope the mall trip was fun. I'll have to get my guys to take me up to the Cheesecake Factory.
    Glad you are still motivated with your diet and exercise. Since I started to clean out my kitchen for the remodel, my own plans went down the tubes. Plus I hurt my back doing it. I think Bri and I are going to start to walk 2-3 days a week at the park. It's a start.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home