Mindy Memories

Monday, March 06, 2006

Oscars, exercise, and work

I spent the night at Karri's last night. We planned for me to come by in the afternoon and we watched the Oscars. Since they go late (not as late as they used to, though), and she lives 10 minutes from work, we figured it was just easier. I actually slept pretty well on their daybed downstairs - very cozy.

I didn't see a lot of the movies nominated, but wasn't overly suprised with the results, except for Crash winning best movie. I've heard it was great and still need to see it, but thought for sure that Capote or Brokeback Mountain were going to win. I wonder if the voting for both canceled each other out?

There certainly were a lot of very heavy movies nominated this year. Most of them I do plan on seeing, I just can't afford to go to the movies as much as I'd like -- who can? The industry has been complaining about how much revenues were down in 2005 in the theaters. Well, maybe the prices are getting so outrageous that it's simpler and cheaper for us to rent or buy the DVD when it comes out and we can watch it at home. I love going to the movies, but it's just too darn expensive -- especially with so many people who, while not out of work, are underemployed. This isn't the 90s and the economy is still in a bit of a slump. I also don't go by the unemployment numbers the government gives us, as that just counts people who are receiving unemployment payments, not those who can no longer get the money but are still looking for work.

Anyway, enough of that weird tanget. Don't know where that came from.

I ate crazy yesterday. Karri's oldest went back to college today, so yesterday Karri's DH was cooking cookies and brownies for her to take back with her, and there were plenty extra for them. I had three cookies and one brownie. See, this is why I don't bake much anymore, as much as I like it. If I bake it, there's only Tim and I to eat it, then I wonder why I'm round. So, I'm doing better today, exercising and eating better.

Work is going OK, but I'm trying to figure out how I can get all that I need to get done in the next two weeks. I'll do what I can, and I have also offered to do contract work if they need me. A little extra money wouldn't hurt, as long as it could be at night or on the weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home