Mindy Memories

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Interesting last few days

Well, after getting my second shield by walkin 4 miles on Wednesday, I haven't exercised since lol. I'm going to start back up tomorrow. I'm actually learning that I don't have to give up if I have a week that my calories and exercise isn't perfect. Again, another "duh" moment.

So, Thursday I bought my next motivation outfit for when I lose the next 10-15 pounds, depending on how and where it falls off. I actually bought something in the misses section instead of the women's section - first time in about 4 years. I bought a pretty black pantsuit with mauve pinstripes at Burlington Coat Factory -- washable and only $20! The pants are a little snug right now but could be used in a pinch, but the top is too small to wear at the moment. It will fit in a few months, though.

I got a surprise email from my sister, who has extra air miles and is flying me out to see her over Easter weekend for about 4-5 days. I'm soooo looking forward to that! I haven't been out to San Francisco for a few years. I get annoyed at Tim because he shakes his head at me and gets mad because he says I'm taking advantage of her. Well, she's the one who contacted ME about it! I've sent her checks in the past to offset similar trips that are also HER ideas, and she won't cash them. I think it's hard for him to understand that there are people out there who actually like me enough to want to see me once in a while and know I can't afford an expensive plane ticket every time I turn around. She also knows that I'd do the same for her if we were in reverse situations and I was making about 4 times what she made. Man, I'd have her out here as much as possible, in that case.

Speaking of money, I got a fantastic email from someone who interviewed me for a job back in either late summer or early fall. Long story short, the person who went on maternity leave decided she wanted to stay home longer with her baby, so they are looking for someone to take her place. This was the job for which I interviewed twice and I suspected they went with someone with more nonprofit experience, and I found out I was right. She was really impressed with me so she thought to contact me first for the job. It's more pay, better benefits, gives me the responsibilities I've been craving and is a non-profit organization that helps people find work. There's a lot more to the organization than that, but that's the basic idea. The company has been around for about 60 years, so it's stable. It's in Philadelphia so I'll have to take the train in, but I'm spending so much money on gas right now that it won't be any more money and will take about the same amount of time.

So, if I get an offer from them after meeting with the staff soon, I'll either move on to that job or my current employer will have to start paying me what I'm worth and giving me the responsibilities I should have. I like the people where I work, but I don't know when I'll ever move up there, if ever, as I was told it completely depends on growth. Of course, I have the feeling that if I stopped doing a lot of the things I've started doing, that would also be a problem. I always thought being proactive is supposed to be a good thing, but so often it seems that I get punished for asking questions and having ideas.

Anyway, we'll see what happens. All in all, it's been in interesting week :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home