Mindy Memories

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Three-Day Walk for Breast Cancer

I'm already getting into shape for myself, but I'm seriously thinking about using the Three-Day Walk for Breast Cancer as even more motivation. I haven't signed up yet as I really want to be sure about it and get all the information I can. In ten months I should be able to do this, but I haven't done anything like this since high school, and even then it was a swimming not a walking marathon.

I have a stitching friend who is really fighting what started out as breast cancer right now and I've known so many others who have fought it more than once and lived and others who haven't. It seems like I need to do something.

It won't be easy -- sixty miles is a lot of walking -- but I can do what I set my mind to. The other part is raising the money for it. I think I can do that, too. I may be able to get my employer to partially sponsor me, I'm not sure. I may find some shorter walks to get ready for this one.

Again, I've been mulling this over for a day or so and haven't made a definite decision. I need to go to an orientation meeting and think about it some more. I have some time, as the one in Philly is in October.

If anyone is interested in the event, which is held in several cities, go to The 3 Day website.

On to other stuff:

I can't believe I didn't get that stuff scanned in last week. I actually remembered to bring my WIPs one day, but when lunch came I really needed to just take the time and then was more than ready to get out of there at 5PM. I have done some work on Rose Celebration and today started Garden Verses, both part of Guilt Free January. I have rinsed the silks I've received for Misty Morning Vineyard and expect the rest next week. That dark purple is a pain, though. It's beautiful, but I'm still getting slightly purple water after soaking it over and over. I don't know how much longer I should do this, but I don't want to have purple stains on my project when I'm finished with it, either. I'm going back to the Chatelaine board to read that section about washing silks. I think somebody else had the same problem but I don't remember what the solution was, if any.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    my friend chrissy did the 3 day walk in scranton PA this past summer. She said it was torture, she was underprepared, but she'd do it again in a heart beat.

    her pictures are here:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/wheretheskygrows/sets/1030496/
    if you're interested.

    good luck, train hard.

    :-)

     
  • At 5:39 AM, Blogger Samantha said…

    Good luck for the walk Mindy - it is a wonderful thing to do for such a great cause.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home