Mindy Memories

Thursday, December 15, 2005

This and that

If you are looking for that perfect gift for the handbag addict on your list. Please visit Belica Bags. Heidi makes them from vintage fabrics and they are beautiful! As usual, pictures on a website don't do them justice. She works in my office and brought a bunch in today for us to see and buy and I bought one for my best friend for Christmas. They are lovely and very well made. If I'd had more money I could spend I would have bought another that I had my eye on for myself, but I just can't justify buying a new purse for myself when the one I'm using is relatively new. I may be forced to buy a makeup bag or evening clutch, though :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

This whole Happy Holidays vs. Merry Christmas thing is SO out of control! It really is a minority on both sides who are getting out of shape and making things so divisive. People are spending all their energy on this stupid sort of stuff, and in the meantime the really important issues get by. And no, I'm not "blaming Bush," as this sort of thing has been going on forever -- the "divide and conquer" strategy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Speaking of Christmas, you gotta see this! There's a website full of really baaaaad nativities: Calvacade of Bad Nativities.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think I posted it here, but here's my South Park character. The link to the site was posted on a message board. The website is South Park Studio. I had all these accessories but I never looked this hip.



Image hosted by Photobucket.com


-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally, I have my picture of my Santa I finished over the weekend. The title is "Starry Night." The ironic part is that this piece has driven me crazy for over a year. It's only about 3" x 5" but has lots of blends and similar colors and drove me batty. So, by the time I was done with the backstitching I was thrilled to be done and decided I couldn't stand to make the stars of beads and metallic floss. So, maybe I should rename mine "Cloudy Night."


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

1 Comments:

  • At 12:03 AM, Blogger Dianne said…

    Good post!
    The bags are really nice. I got a similar one from my brother in Florida (someone he knew made them from vintage fabrics too). They are really neat.
    I made myself a South Park character too. (See my blog).
    Your Santa is looking grand-bummer about all the blending and hassle, but it was worth it!
    Merry Christmas...and all that jazz!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home