Mindy Memories

Friday, July 22, 2005

Scale hasn't budged...

But I'm not surprised. My eating has been off for the last week or so. I do great at work, then come home and don't eat right. Part of it is that without a/c this place is hot enough and there's no way I'm heating up the place more by turning on the oven or stove. I need to get some stuff that I can microwave but isn't high in sodium/preservatives, etc. In the meantime, we've either been ordering out or eating sandwiches. If I was good I'd order salads, which I sometimes do, but the pizza gets me more often than it should. Damn pizza! I need to get to the store and get some hot weather food.

I received my order from The Tea Guys yesterday. Yippee! I ordered some herbal and green tea that contained mint as it's supposed to help with headaches. I'm really trying to avoid taking as much Motrin as I have been but I need something to help with these headaches I get from the weather changes and other issues. I also have some feverfew on order from another place but it hasn't come in yet. In my Tea Guys order I also had this cool 12oz cup that comes witn an infuser so I just pour in half the water, put the tea in the infuser, fill with the rest of the water, and put on the top and let it steep for about 5 minutes. Yummy! This will be going with me to work but of course I had to try it out last night. Tim likes it so I'll have to get at least one more for the house so he has one, possibly one for me at the house, too. He drinks a lot of tea, which is so much better than all the coffee he was drinking that was affecting his acid reflux.

I recently discovered a great site about headaches and ways to deal with them. This is the most useful information I've ever seen in one place and have also subscribed to their newsletter. I was just explaining to someone yesterday when I get headaches from TMJ, and there it was -- mentioned in my newsletter. Lately my headaches have been more weather-related than anything else, and there's some helpful info there. That's how I found the site, actually. I was looking for what natural remedies I could use to help lessen the impact of the headaches on my daily life and I found more information there, and in normal English, than I've been able to find anywhere else. If you suffer from any sort of chronic headache, take a look at the site.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:20 AM, Blogger Faith Ann said…

    Thanks for posting that link, I'm going to send it to my mom. She gets terrible headaches from changes in the weather.

     
  • At 7:43 PM, Blogger Dianne said…

    Don't rule out sinuses, teeth issues or hormones as causes for your headaches.
    I have only had a few migraines, but one was from stress and hormones.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home