Mindy Memories

Friday, July 08, 2005

I got me a Gimli!


Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Isn't he cute? Thanks to Stitchingmom (Cindy) who brought my attention to it on her board! Some of you may know that my signature on EZBoards has a quote of his from The Two Towers: "I'm wasted on cross country. We dwarves are natural sprinters. Very dangerous over short distances." I've loved this quote from the first time I heard it because... that's me! I'm short and a bit loud and opinionated like Gimli, although I think I have more tact. I'm also a good sprinter but not so good with long distances, and I can be very protective of people or animals I care about. I completely felt for him when he was running cross country with those two long-legged types. Even as a relatively fast walker, it's hard for a shortie to keep up with the tall people who want to go speeding about.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:27 PM, Blogger Nancy in IL said…

    Love your blog, Mindy! Especially love the addition of your little Gimli! He's adorable! I'm going to have to find something cute and unique for myself.

    I've tried starting a new blog here (after spending hour after stitchless hour on my MSN Space), but I can't seem to get the hang of columns, HTMS, templates other than the standard, etc. I could spend all my time on blogs and no time on stitching, which is precisely what I'm doing. I'm envious of all the stitching you've been getting done. I'd like to get active on the Mira board and get "into" Mira stitching. I noticed that you have a section you're running with another gal. I only lurk there, but if I would get involved, I know they'd encourage me along.

    Thanks for the congrats on my WW success. I've just updated my latest progress, which is coming along.

    Good to hear from you again. I check your blog from time to time.
    Nancy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home