Mindy Memories

Thursday, July 21, 2005

I'm really not in that bad a mood :)

Reading my last few journal entries, it probably looks like I've been in a terrible mood for the last week or so. I really haven't, but I've just chosen to take out some of my irritations on my blog a bit more than usual. This heat doesn't help, either. It's not so much the heat but the humidity. I REALLY am looking forward to autumn, my favorite time of the year.

My parents were here over the weekend, which is always interesting. They were in NY visiting Grandma and for my mom's highschool reunion. So, they came by Sunday night, stayed all day Monday and left early Tuesday morning. Now that I don't have the foldout they stayed at a Motel 6, which was better for them anyway since I don't have a/c. They also didn't have the dog, so the cat was happy about that.

We went out toward Lancaster and did some antiquing in Bird-in-Hand, Paradise and Strasburg. We also went to the railroad museum in Strasburg. It was very interesting, but the enclosed area where the trains were was not climate-controlled, and that plus the paint smell really got to me and I had to go in after a while and look at some other things. I had never been there, so am glad I went. I bought a little book about Chessie the kitty and am going to read that soon. I remember hearing a little about her but wanted to know more, since she became such an icon for a time.

I'm working more on my Christmas Flourishes and will scan her in today so I can have my WIP picture back. I didn't want to put in the last one because I've made about 13 hours' worth of progress since then. I tried scanning her the other day but couldn't get that computer working right (different than my computer). It's working OK now so shouldn't be a problem.

I was really spoiled at work for about 2 weeks. My friend Karri was temping there, so she was covering the phones for the two hours I usually do, plus she posted the outgoing mail. It was nice to actually have a full day to get my work done, as opposed to the 2.5 hours less I usually get. Now I'm back to the normal routine and it sucks! For all the work piled on me, they still expect me to do that extra stuff. For the most part I don't mind, but don't expect me to be able to get a million things done in a day when I have to be at a different desk/computer answering phones. That computer doesn't have a lot of the software I use so I'm kind of in a bind when I'm there. My hope is that they decide to hire Karri permanent part-time, which is perfect for her as well. I mean, we have one less person than we did this time last year, and we have maybe 20 more agents. Plus, I'm doing almost all marketing and no new business, so the two ladies who needed help with new business really didn't get any when they hired me. I put in applications a few times a week when needed, and my covering the phones and doing the mail allows them to have more time to do what they need, so that counts into it, but still... we need help back there. A support staff of 4 people plus a receptionist for about 100 agents is a bit under what is needed, and we're starting to get a bit irritated about it.


Post a Comment

<< Home