Mindy Memories

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

No, I don't dye my hair

I hear people talk about hair color and often the "her hair is too dark for her light skin" thing comes up. Many people ASSume that just because a person is light-skinned she should automatically be a blonde or redhead. Well, my hair is dark brown, almost black. In fact, when I was younger it was so black it had that blue-black sheen to it. I've never colored my hair in my life. I'm also so pale that I'm practically transparent. I actually like the color of my hair and am not going to change it because some people think that it's impossible to have dark hair and pale skin. "It doesn't look natural." Lady, it's as natural as it gets, and where the heck do you get off talking about what looks natural when your two-toned hair needs a fix-up?

That is all :)

6 Comments:

  • At 1:17 PM, Blogger Dianne said…

    Mindy, my oldest brother had very black hair when he was younger. He has very fair skin. Now his hair is like Michael McDonald's almost snow white. He's only 51.
    That must run in the family. I don't want gray hair showing, so I do something to it. It's definitely a nitpicking woman's issue. Roots showing are the worse, esp when they are almost white.
    Consider yourself lucky to have dark hair. : )

     
  • At 1:22 PM, Blogger Faith Ann said…

    One of my best friends from university has the same colouring you describe...as does my cousin. So there are others out there...I can't believe someone would be so insulting as to say it doesn't look natural!

    Your mermaid is stunning...congrats on the finish!

     
  • At 2:01 PM, Blogger Gill said…

    I've got dark hair, probably not as dark as yours, and very pale skin. My hair is also naturally curly, but people always think its permed. What can you do!

     
  • At 11:11 PM, Blogger Nicki said…

    Another dark hair, fair skin person checking in! And I get the perm thing too - I'v never had a perm in my life, it's all natural!

    Maybe you've got some Celtish blood way back - dark hair and fair skin isn't uncommon in some parts of Scotland or Ireland.

     
  • At 12:42 AM, Blogger Sasha Farina said…

    ahh.. the joy of life. I'm not, by all means as fair as some of you, and my natural hair has got some blonde streaks in it. i got the "the highlight does not suit you" comments all the time. oh plss... LOL

     
  • At 3:55 AM, Blogger Laura said…

    My aunt is of Italian descent, and has black hair, bright blue eyes, and alabaster skin. Stunning combination. You just enjoy your coloring and ignore the ignorant. :-)

    My hair is brown, but I have this gray streak at my partline, in the front. I was at the store one day, and the kid checking me through needed to see my ID. He actually really looked at the picture, then at me, back at the picture. He liked my hair better when it was all one color. LOL So did I, honey. So did I. LOL But then, other men (older ones) really like the gray streak. Can't win for losing. LOL

     

Post a Comment

<< Home