Mindy Memories

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

How DARE you not absolutely love DisneyLand/World!

Oh. My. God. What the hell is wrong with people? At another board someone asked the prices to get into DisneyLand. After a few posts, a woman stated that for her and her family the price wasn't worth it. Well, then the easily-offended start mouthing off. One basically gave a "non-offer" of free passes to DisneyWorld (Orlando) and was offended that the woman had dissed her DH's employer. She really hadn't, just said it wasn't worth it for her family to go. Then you have people saying, "It's the same cost as any other vacation. Why isn't it worth it?" Then another says she just can't understand why anyone would think it wasn't worth it, but then again if a person had never gone there they wouldn't know what they were missing.

For Christ's sake! Is it no anti-American or something to not like to visit Disney? I lived near Orlando for 10 goddamn years and couldn't wait to get the hell out and away from The Mouse! I went sometimes in high school as my best friend at the time was a character and got us great deals. I just never thought it was the biggest deal in the world, never will.

I'd much rather spend my money traveling Civil War Battlefields or renting a nice cottage on a lake somewhere then deal with that. Why is that such a big deal to some, and they act like if we don't like Disney that we are somehow offending the American way of life or something?

2 Comments:

  • At 6:56 AM, Blogger Faith Ann said…

    It annoys me soooooo much when people aren't allowed to have an opinion that's different from someone else's! Who cares if somebody doesn't want to go to Disneyland and would rather go elsewhere?

    Some people like it...great.

    Other people don't...that's fine.

     
  • At 11:29 PM, Blogger Dianne said…

    We were just in Orlando in May and basically went as a graduation gift for our son. He had a choice of where he wanted to go and he picked Universal Studios.
    OMG, my brother who is a big Disney person told us Universal was like a glorified Great Adventure. He was wrong of course, but I feel like I am getting out of the age that likes rides. We went to Epcot too and I think that was more family oriented. And we only go to Orlando every 15 yrs or so! LOL

     

Post a Comment

<< Home