Mindy Memories

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Cherub and Waiting for Ships

Ok, here's the Mirabilia 1998 Cherub. I stitched him on blue evenweave. When he's stretched properly the harp strings look better than in the picture. Now that I think of it, maybe I need to take those off. This is for the AQP and I can see a baby getting tangled in those and they won't look tight on an afghan either. Will have to see about that.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Here's my Waiting for Ships after seventy hours. All I need to do now is the beading. I'm looking forward to at least getting the hair beading done. As she is now she looks like she's been the victim of some tragic farm accident.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

3 Comments:

  • At 3:19 PM, Blogger Kitty Couture said…

    WOW! Both are great and you've got an eye for fabric choice!
    Waiting for Ships is truly amazing.

    About the Cherub, how about couching the threads for the harp strings? This way they'll stay straigther and they won't get tangled up.

     
  • At 5:47 PM, Blogger Faith Ann said…

    I like Isabelle's idea for the harp strings. Both projects look fantastic!

    As for your sidebars, that happened to me a few months ago, I didn't change a thing...a few days later they were back to normal (without me doing anything to fix them).

     
  • At 10:55 PM, Blogger Dianne said…

    You are a talented stitcher! Beautiful pieces Mindy. : )
    Yes, do couch the harp strings down. I once did long stitches (for a Hummel design of twigs in a basket) and they were removed by the quilter.
    Your photos may be too large and they are getting pushed down to the bottom. I use 'Hello' and they resize them to the correct size for you for blogger. I use photobucket for the sidebar and if the photos are too large they won't show up until I make them just the right size.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home