Mindy Memories

Friday, April 15, 2005

The age-old question

Why do bad things happen to good people while the jerks getaway with everything and live high on the hog? Yes, people say that they'll get what's coming to them and they'll get their "eternal reward" etc. That just doesn't always wash with me. Currently my best friend's fibroid tumor is back and she's going to have to get it removed again. Another online friend from the area is dealing with breast cancer and she's young, and a lovely woman I work with has been having all sorts or problems since a kid was killed on her mom's porch down the street a few weeks ago. Her whole family is getting upheaved because they're trying to move everybody out of the town and there are all sorts of problems. These are all good people.

Then I hear about professional baseball teams who have motivational coaches on-hand so they can help the baseball players feel better about playing. Give me a break! These guys are doing what they love for a living and getting paid a huge amount of money. What, you don't feel like playing your game today? I'm so sowwy, let me give you a hug.

Probably bitchy, and I know not all of them make major bucks, but chances are every single one of them makes a huge amount more than the rest of us slobs out there trying to scratch out a living.

Then you have the liars and such who just seem to get everything handed to them on a silver platter, and the more they lie and treat people like crap, the more they get.

End of rant, just had to get it out. It seems lately that every time I turn around people I care about are having real problems, and then I hear somebody bitching to a 911 operator that she got the wrong damn cheeseburger at Burger King or she can't control her children and expects everybody else to. GRRRRR!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home