Mindy Memories

Saturday, March 19, 2005

Saw "The Ring 2"

It was pretty decent, if you liked the first one. I liked the first one a lot, as did Tim. We went out for brunch at Perkins and I bought a strawberry Belgian waffle topped with whipped cream. Yummy! Haven't had a Belgian waffle in years so I figure I may as well go for the gusto :)

Then we saw an early afternoon showing of the movie. It's PG-13, although the original was R, so there were a lot of teens in there. They were good, it's just funny because girls that age are very jumpy and screamy. Some people don't like that, but I find it sometimes adds to the movie. When we saw What Lies Beneath there was a teen sitting next to Tim and at one point she jumped and grabbed his arm without thinking. He wasn't expecting it so he was startled, too. She felt a bit sheepish but he told her not to worry. It's not like she did it on purpose.

Just read that Congress is stepping in on this Terry Schiavo thing. I don't know if I like that. I hate what's happening to her, but this sets a dangerous precedent IMHO. The government is already in our business way too much, and now this? I just don't like it. Part of me which something would happen to her so that she would die quickly and painlessly and put all this at rest. I'm sure that sounds heartless, but I can't imagine what she's going through, nor what her family is going through. I wish there were some way that she could communicate what she would want, but that's not going to happen any time soon. I just feel awful for her and her family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home