Mindy Memories

Saturday, February 19, 2005

Boing! Boing!

Man, I've had entirely too much caffeine today! I feel like I'm bouncing off the walls! How do people do cocaine and other "uppers?" I can barely handle caffeine. In college I tried No-Doze once. I was so hopped up that I couldn't even finish my work, which is why I tried it to begin with. After that I just drank oodles of Diet Coke and it kept me up. Well, until I started getting chest pains because I drank so much caffeine that it made my chest muscles overly tense. I'm a person who internalizes everything so I tend to seem very calm (usually) on the outside when I'm side I'm losing it.

Anyway, I should be stitching more on my poor neglected Rose Arbour, but only got in a few hours. Jeesh, either I'm too tired to stitch or too hyper to stich. How stupid is that?

You know, I really have a macabre sense of curiosity. I really like military history and have been watching "Battlefield Detectives" all day. I know I'm going to watch the 2-hour documentary tonight on what's essentially the rise and fall of the WTC. I find it very interesting. I'm sure that came out wrong. I mean, like others, I will never forget the horror of that day. I guess I find the actual history surrounding the buildings interesting, and the fact that they stayed up as long as they did a good thing. I truly believe those buildings saved many lives because they stayed up after all the damage, and they didn't fall over taking out more buldings and lives. I think I try to focus almost solely on the buildings themselves in a way to isolate myself from the horror of that day. I hope that makes sense.

On a board I visit we were discussing laughing at the misfortune of others -- bad stuff like illnesses and accidents and the like. I don't laugh, but I have to admit that once in a while I think that something happens to a person because of the way that person has treated others.

Case in point: An ex-friend of mine, The Liar, lied about all sorts of stuff for attention. She led me to believe twice that she had cancer, and she was upset that I was a little skeptical the second time. She also told me a mutual friend, who is now my best friend in the world, had severe cancer and that she would "get" her son (yeah, like he's some sort of trophy or something). Ends up they were all lies. She also told people I had bi-polar disorder. Why? Because I had just broken up with my boyfriend and moved into my own place and wasn't exactly my normal happy self all the time. Yes, that's really odd behavior, isn't it? My sister about went through the roof when she heard that one, and The Liar is lucky my sis is in California LOL!

Anyway, I have to say that if I found out she had cancer, a part of me would think that karma got her. Part of me would feel bad, and I wouldn't find it funny, but there is that small part of me that would think, "That's what happens when you lie about it all the time, like the little boy who cried 'wolf'."

Forgot to say that she used the cancer lies with me because she knew it was a soft spot. She knew how hard it was for me to see my grandmother die from ovarian cancer when she lived with us when I was 17-18. Grandma was a great and intelligent lady, and it was so hard to see her forget who she was, what year it was, think my brother was her son, start getting upset about her brother who had killed himself 30 years earlier, etc. I took her for testing and she screamed for me to help her because she thought they were trying to poison her when they gave her that barium to drink. I'm in tears just thinking about it. And that bitch knew it and used it to garner sympathy with me! So yeah, part of me would definitely think karma had come back to get her.

Anyway, enough of that. This is what I get for posting here when I'm all hyper and weird and by myself. Tim is out with his cousin again tonight. I tell ya, I like having some time to myself but it's getting a bit much. We need to be going out and doing something pretty darn soon or there's going to be issues. To be fair, he asked me if I had plans for the night and I said no, thinking he'd say, "Well, I was thinking we could..." Instead he said, "OK, because Skip wants me to hang out with him tonight, maybe go to a movie." I told him OK, but also said that it would be nice if he would take ME out once in a while. He claims to love me and thinks I'm beautiful (he neeeds new glasses, folks) but then he never wants to take me anywhere. Hmphf!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey Mindy this is Salsa ! aka Zobah - I read some in your blog today - and your stitching is beautiful....great work !

     
  • At 7:46 PM, Blogger Amy said…

    The strange kharma sure is going around the boards and blogs, huh? I'm hoping it's something in the air and will all be over soon!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home