Mindy Memories

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Haven't been around much lately

I'm not as tired as I was but my neck still feels a little weird, so I'm going to call again and see if I can make another appointment. My bloodwork came back as completely normal, so I'm not sure what to think.

On to better and less boring stuff (I think):

I think I did well with my January stitching goals. I met most of them and a little extra. I really would have done great if I hadn't been out of it for about two weeks, but that's fine.

January Goals were:
1. Stitch at least one ornament -- done
2. 10 hours on Guardian Angel -- done
3. Buy beads and Kreinik needed to finish Crystal Chandelier and Christmas Jewel, and finish them (5 hours tops combined) -- ordered but haven't received yet
4. Five hours each on:
Sweet Dreams Santa -- actually stitched 10 hours
Rose Arbour -- done
Christmas Flourishes -- done
Sleeping Beauty -- done
Santa in Fur -- done (actually called something else and is from Dimples Designs.)
L&L 1990 freebie -- done

Also got in 5 hours on Earth Dragon and one hour on Angel of Love.

I hope to have more scans this month. Much of what I was working on isn't very recognizable yet or I only put in 5 hours so it's not worth scanning and uploading. I think this month I'll go back to my 10-hour stints so I can see more progress, but it was nice having a real variety of designs to work on. I may stick with the 5-hour routines. We'll see how it goes.

February Goals:
Finish L&L freebie - 10 hours
Finish Christmas Jewel and Crystal Chandelier - 5 hours
Ornament - 5 hours
Guardian Angel - 10 hours
Rose Arbour - 10 hours
Christmas Flourishes - 10 hours
Dracolair purple dragon - 10 hours

Guardian Angel, Christmas Flourishes and Rose Arbour are rounding the bend nicely. I love working on them but the quicker I finish them the quicker I can start Celtic Spring and Santa's Magic! Hmmm, I may switch the Santa's Magic start with the Waiting for Ships start. I believe I have the fabric already for Waiting for Ships (slated to be started when Sweet Dreams Santa is done) but I have to special order Santa's Magic and I'm trying not to go nutso with the ordering at the moment. I'll have to think on that one.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:15 PM, Blogger Dianne said…

    Hey Mindy,
    Glad your bloodwork came back normal. Perhaps you pulled something in your neck? How do you sit when you stitch and talk on the phone? Sitting a certain way for hours will bother your neck for sure.
    My neck hurts more in the back, under my right ear and I am left-handed. I thought it was stress or hormone related. I tend to sit on the floor to sort papers and stuff and it seems after I do that, my neck hurts.
    Great stitching goals! Do you keep everything you stitch? I am not as organized as you. The charity stitching is slowing down and I need a break from it anyway.

     
  • At 11:43 AM, Blogger Faith Ann said…

    Wow, you did great with your January goals! I can't set detailed goals or I'll just be disappointed at the end of the month...it'd be nice to have more detailed plans like you describe.

     
  • At 6:49 AM, Blogger Samantha said…

    Congrats on reaching all your January goals - I'm sure you'll be able to do just as well this month. Hope your neck is back to normal soon :o)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home