Mindy Memories

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Medical questions on a stitching board

I guess this is one of my pet peeves. Asking minor questions about everyday aches and pains is one thing. Yesterday however I was floored by a person who was asking if she should call her doctor because her 4-year-old had been having headaches, 102-103 fever and now having nosebleeds that are hard to stop. She hadn't called the doctor because her vehicles aren't working and the doctor is an hour away. Gah! Well, I'm no parent but I know damn well that a kid with those symptoms needs to get their ass to a doctor somehow, or at least a doctor should be called for advice. Why the hell would you post about it on a stitching board? Of course, everybody was pretty much saying the same thing as I just did so she called, and that's the last I saw of it. I figure even if I have to call an ambulance and pay a lot of money after the fact it's better than my theoretical kid dying or having brain damage or something.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:42 PM, Blogger Dianne said…

    Is that woman kidding? I took Sean to the doctor with a bump on his head(and I knew he had gotten it at the playgroup he was in).
    This child sounds like he has a
    blood disorder. Keep us posted.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home