Mindy Memories

Monday, January 24, 2005

Got some stitching done, finally :)

I didn't work enough on anything to scan, but I worked a little on a few projects.

5 hours more on Sweet Dreams Santa
The last 3 hours on Christmas Flourishes, for this rotation
1 hour on Earth Dragon

Earth Dragon really wasn't on my January goals list but I felt like stitching a little on it. It's a huge project on black fabric so I can't work on it for too long without going nutso, but he's going to be awesome when he's finished. I figure if I can get in a few hours in a week, an hour at a time, he'll be done some day. The up side is there are few partial stitches and very little backstitching.

I need to get some time in on Santa in Fur and make an ornament to complete my January goals, and I think I can do that. I can make a cute ornament in a few hours (stitching, anyway) and Santa in Fur only needs 5 hours. Since it's a small but tedious design that will show a lot of progress. I really like the look of Santa in Fur, but there's a lot of confetti stitching and I'm spoiled by my Mirabilias and not used to it :)

By the way,

The Eagles won the NFC Championship

Of course, now it's fashionable to say that there's no way they can win against the Patriots. Sigh... We've been hearing throughout the playoffs that the Eagles aren't any good without T.O., that they can't stop the running game, etc., etc. Even after playing a superb game against a very talented team (Atlanta) we still hear this stuff. Oh well, nothing new. They just don't get taken seriously and I don't understand why. They are a great team with a fantastic coaching staff and a lot of heart.

One thing I'm thankful for is that since it was so cold last night there wasn't a huge amount of nonsense going on. I'm outside the city, but I heard some fireworks and cars honking. Downtown there was some silliness, but nothing major. I've never understood the idea of rioting because your team WINS, but Eagles fans are some of the best (and worst) fans out there.

I keep putting it off, but I've GOT to make a doctor appointment. It's just such a pain to miss work and such. My doctor is about 30 minutes from me in the opposite direction of the 40 minute drive to where I work. I'm not changing because I like him. I need to stop making excuses and do it. I'm actually feeling better now, but every so often I get a weird thing in my neck. I can't explain it very well. My throat isn't sore, but there seems to be some kind of pressure/pain in the area where the bottom of my chin meets the top of my neck, if that makes sense. It's probably nothing, but I get it for a little while (few hours to a day) then it goes away for some time, then comes back. I had a thyroid cyst removed from lower down my neck when I was about 6, and maybe something like that is coming back. It does feel like there's a little bump there, but then again it could just be me overthinking things. I haven't told Tim about it but maybe if I did he'd kick me in the ass so I'd go. Pathetic, isn't it? I'll probably go and be told I'm a hypochondriac and get assigned to a therapist LOL!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:57 AM, Blogger Faith Ann said…

    Go to your doctor!!

    It is hopefully nothing, but you won't know until you get it checked out and the earlier the better! Go!

    I know what you mean about being spoiled by Mira's. When I stitch other things I always notice stupid confetti stitching.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home