Mindy Memories

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

My 2005 Stitching Goals

I'm planning on sticking to my StRIP list for the most part, but also include some small ornament stitching for next Christmas.

Finish L&L 1990 freebie, start Drawn Thread mini bellpull
The 1990 freebie is small but the chart is hand-drawn and hard to read. The mini bellpull is from a JCS Ornament issue I have.

Finish Christmas Jewel and Crystal Chandelier, start Dracolair purple dragon
Christmas Jewel is very close to being done (see previous post) and all I need for Crystal Chandelier are the 7 teardrop beads. The dragon will be for Tim.

Finish angel and cherub started for AQP, start another cherub

Finish Santa in Fur, start poinsettia ornament
Pretty Santa, but lots of confetti stitching and a bit of a pain to stitch so I put him away. There is a pretty poinsettia ornament in one of the JCS ornament issues I want to start after I finish him.

Finish Guardian Angel, start Celtic Spring
The other part of this was to finish Deco Spirits, which is done. Guardian Angel is for my friend who had a baby. Then I will start Celtic Spring so that I have another Celtic lady done.

Finish Dragon of Winter Moon and Sweet Dreams Santa, start Waiting for Ships
Dragon of the Winter Moon is almost done. I only need to stitch what's left of the white rayon stitching and add the beads. Sweet Dreams Santa has about 10-15 hours on him and will take a while because of all the partial stitches and backstitching. I'm looking forward to starting Waiting for Ships, as she will be my first mermaid and I will stitch all the mermaids on hand-dyed fabrics.

Finish Rose Arbour and Christmas Flourishes, Start Santa's Magic
Both Rose Arbour and Christmas Flourishes are at least halfway done and will both be for me. Then I'll start Santa's Magic on some opalescent antique-looking fabric like I've seen several use. He's beautiful but will take some time as he's big.

Finish Sleeping Beauty, start Fairy Idyll
This is the last goal and may or may not make it. Sleeping Beauty is about 1/3 done, I think. She's big and I'm hoping I can finish her this year. If I do I'll start Fairy Idyll, which is another large one but I've been wanting to stitch her for a while now.

Make one ornament each month
This is pretty self-explanatory. These are going to probably all even be the same ornament but in different colors, like I did this year. It worked really well and I just put them into those little ornament tucks -- perfect!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home