Mindy Memories

Thursday, December 30, 2004

Dammit!

Quote of the Day: From the remake of The Stepford Wives. I actually liked it and took it for the comedy it was, as opposed to the creepy original which I also liked.

Walter Kresby: Only castrating, Manhattan career bitches wear black. Is that what you want to be?
Joanna Eberhart: Ever since I was a little girl.


This cold I've had for over a week now came back worse than ever yesterday afternoon. I went to work feeling pretty good, just a little stuffy. After lunch I pretty much crashed and burned. After work I came home, got on the computer for a few minutes and then cozied up to Tim and watched a movie. Then I went to bed at 9:30PM LOL! That's something I do only when I feel crappy (go to bed that early, that is) and I didn't even get in any stitching time. I woke up this morning at 7AM and decided I wasn't going to work. I can hang out at home, get on the computer for a few minutes, than take a nap from overexerting myself. Everybody at work yesterday afternoon kept asking me if I was OK, so I guess I really didn't sound too great. It just ticks me off that I still have this thing hanging around, and I hear that a lot of other people are having problems right now, too. I'm not deathly ill or anythig and probably sound like a little baby, but this stinks!

On a good note, I did finish Dragon of the Winter Moon over the weekend and started the Dracolair dragon. I figure the only thing I'm waiting on to finish Christmas Jewel is that Kreinik and then I'll bead it and it will be done, so I may as well start what I planned to start when Jewel was finished. It's keeping with my StRIP plan for the most part, I just haven't gotten the Kreinik to finish the first thing yet. Isn't rationalizing such things fun? The purples in the Dracolair dragon are really pretty. He's going to be a very rich-looking dragon when I'm done with him. Anyway, I took Dragon of the Winter Moon to work yesterday to scan but wasn't able to get to it. So, looks like he won't be scanned until Monday. I really like the way he turned out.

Many have been writing in their blogs about the horrible (understatement) tsunami that hit various places in the Indian Ocean a few days ago after that 8.9 earthquake. I've been wanting to express my feelings about it, but don't know how. I think the total lives lost is 114,000 and rising, and I honestly cannot comprehend it. It's hard for me to write about something that I really don't understand. I mean, I have nothing in my experiences to compare this to, for which I'm thankful.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:52 PM, Blogger Michele said…

    Hi Mindy!
    I hope you are feeling better tonight. Like you told me once, sometimes you just need to baby yourself. Thanks for your complement in my blog regarding my finishing Maggie. I've gotten such good feedback that my head it swelling! :-)

     
  • At 1:38 PM, Blogger Amy said…

    I hope you have a very happy New Year's Eve! Here's hoping 2005 is even better! Cheers!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home