Mindy Memories

Friday, December 17, 2004

2004 in Review -- snagged from Dianne's blog

What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before?
Was a full-time nanny for a few months.

Did you keep your new years' resolutions and will you make more for next year?
I don't really make resolutions, but one of my goals was to work full-time and that worked out.

Did anyone close to you give birth?
A friend of mine had a baby in late 2003 and another friend had a preemie in August, who is doing fine.

Did anyone close to you die?
No. A very nice lady, LadyCPU, from one of my stitching boards died and it was very sad for many people. I really didn't know her well but it was a shock to many.

What countries did you visit?
Are you kidding? I'm lucky if I got out of PA this year LOL!

What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?
better finances and a body and paint job on my car.

What date from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
June 1st. It was my first day working, other than for my friend, since I'd been laid off in September.

What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I sound like a broken record, but working full-time again was my biggie.

What was your biggest failure?
I hate to admit this, but in the middle of some of my leanest months on Unemployment my power was shut off for a day because I was so behind on my bills. I felt horrible, but I worked it out.

Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing serious, just the migraines I get every so often and some allergy problems that were fixed with a filter over my vent at work.

What was the best thing you bought?
Didn't buy anything big this year, but my best discovery has been Dove Conditioning Foam. It smells great and is a light conditioner that doesn't weigh my hair down and doesn't let it get poofy this time of year, either.

Whose behavior merited celebration?
I think Kerry handled his election defeat very well, better than several people wanted him to.

Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Several people who have treated those who disagree with them as idiots and immoral. And yes, this goes for people on both sides of the line.

Where did most of your money go?
Rent, car payment, groceries, car insurance -- same old, same old.

What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Seeing my sister at Christmas. It's been a while.

What song will always remind you of 2004?
Green Day's "American Idiot" will always remind me of the 2004 election, for better or worse.

Compared to this time last year, are you:
happier or sadder? I am happier.
thinner or fatter? about the same, maybe a few pounds thinner since joining WW.
richer or poorer? Richer, but that's not saying much.

What do you wish you'd done more of? decluttering
What do you wish you'd done less of? Worrying about things over which I have no control and actually giving a damn about what one or two obnoxious people think of me.

How will you be spending Christmas? with my family in FL.
Did you fall in love in 2004?
Tim and I have had a rough year, but he tries. We were just talking about this today, in fact. He doesn't want me to feel he's mad at me because I'm not up on all the bills as much as I used to be when I was making more money, and he's doing the best he can to do his share. It was OK before when I made more money and I felt it was fair for me to pay a higher percentage of the bills. I just get angry with myself and assume he's angry, but he's not and appreciates what I do to keep things going.

What was your favorite TV program? I think it's still Seinfeld, although I've become a big CSI fan.

Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? I don't "hate" anybody, but I've lost a lot of respect for a few people over the past year, not that it bothers them at all :)

What was the best book you read? Didn't do a lot of reading as I was busy stitching, but I really enjoyed The Silmarillion and finished The Thorn Birds.

What was your greatest musical discovery of 2004? Velvet Revolver! The music of Guns 'n Roses but more refined and WITHOUT Axl Rose -- works for me!

What did you want and get? A job working with good people, for the most part doing what I want to do.

What did you want and not get? Do you want the whole list? Well, one thing was a job making what I was making when I was laid off, and on the same level. I think I may get promoted in 2005, so there is hope.

What was your favorite film of this year? I really liked the third Harry Potter movie. .

What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 33 and Tim bought me the Tangerine Mango (or something) basket from Bath and Body Works. Great scent -- love that stuff!

What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Getting hired outright as the Marketing Director of where I work, rather than starting out part-time as an office helper, and now full-time as both a marketing person and office helper.

How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004? Comfy -- jeans when I'm out, sweats and leggings at home, comfortable but non-jeans pants at work.

What kept you sane? My friends, both local and online. I have met some people online who have really been there for me when I needed somebody to talk to.

Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Not so much Viggo Mortenson as his character of Aragorn. What a romantic guy!

What political issue stirred you the most?
Definitely the election.

Who did you miss? An old college friend of mine. He and I had a falling out a few years ago and I haven't tried contacting him because I don't want it to look like I want more from our relationship than I do, or that I expect more, yadda yadda yadda. Very long story, but I miss him as a friend. I doubt he'd bother with me if I tried to contact him anyway, ya know?

Who was the best new person you met? The ladies I work with. They are a great bunch and they work so hard and have such great attitudes.

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004:
There are some people with whom you just can't reason. They are convinced they are right, no matter how hypocritical they seem to everybody else. After a while, it's just not worth the time and energy to try to talk to them because they will turn your words around on you and accuse of vile things that you simply didn't do.

Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. I've got friends in low places LOL!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:36 PM, Blogger Faith Ann said…

    I think I'm going to copy your year-in-review idea for my blog sometime soon. I really enjoyed reading your answers :).

    I've also liked reading all your stitching updates lately and Christmas Flourishes looks fantastic!! (so does Rose Arbour).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home