Mindy Memories

Friday, December 17, 2004

Finished a small project this evening

Finished the L&L 2002 freebie, the one with Mary holding Jesus with the beaded halos around them. I'll scan it on Monday. I only had a few beads and one color of metallic to add. I kept forgetting to order the specific metallic I didn't have and finally decided I'd use whatever darn color I wanted and finish it, so I finished it LOL! That's one more little project I don't have hanging over my head anymore. I'll make it into an ornament for somebody for next Christmas. I like having some extras so that if I get stuck I have something to give.

Now I'm working on finishing Christmas Jewel from Just Nan. I'd like to finish it this week so I can give it to my sister when I see her at Christmas. We are doing a Polyanna so it's not technically a Christmas gift but a Thank You gift for the help she's given me this past year. I gave her Amethyst Snowflake last year so I think it's a nice companion piece. Now that I have the green Kreinik (seems to be my theme of the week) I can finish the stitching and then do the beading, so I should be able to finish this week. If not I can always send it to her, but that's always such a pain.

So according to my StRIP list from August, once I finish Christmas Jewel and Cyrstal Chandelier I can start that purple dragon from Dracolair. Crystal Chandelier is done except for the stinkin' teardrop beads. I'm not using the heart beads because this is for my dad. He fixes and sells chandeliers as part of his Ebay business so I thought this would be perfect, but without the heart beads (for obvious reasons). I put it on dark fabric to make it a little more masculine. I'm having a hard time getting those beads for some reason, plus they are expensive. I think I'm just going to order some Swarvorski beads that are similar from a bead catalog I get. I just haven't done it yet. So, I may be bad and start the dragon after Christmas Jewel is done even if the chandelier isn't. I'll make a deal with myself: as long as the beads are ordered I'll start the dragon. Once I get the beads it will take me less than 30 minutes to attach the 7 that are required. It's getting the beads themselves that's been difficult for me.

My next big finish will probably be Guardian Angel for my friend's baby. My StRIP list has me starting Celtic Spring when Guardian Angel and Deco Spirits are done, and Deco Spirits is already finished so there's some incentive there.

Probably the next start on my list is Santa's Magic, which I'll start when both Christmas Flourishes and Rose Arbour are done. It's nice to look at my work and see that I really am making progress. By the time I get here at least 6 projects will be done, 4 large and 2 medium, and only three will be started, although Santa's Magic is a biggie. I'm still debating if I want to tackle changing his colors so I can stitch him on a wedgewood blue, or a similar blue. I was never crazy about that Desert Sand color the original is stitched on, but some of these hand dyes that are similar in color make him really look amazing, and I may get lazy and stitch him the way he's charted. It's not like I have to make that decision real soon, so I'm not going to worry about it :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home