Mindy Memories

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

It's too early for me

I've been up since 5am this morning, an oddity for me. I have to be at the meeting place at 7:30am since I have Harris' laptop with all the presentations on it. I got groceries after work last night but came home first so that I could drop it off. Yeah, that's what I need -- stop off for a few minutes to get groceries and somebody stealing the president's laptop from my car, the laptop with all the presentations for the big firm meeting the next day. Hmmmmm... much safer to take a few extra minutes and drop it off at the apartment.

I had to laugh when I opened my blog this morning. All you see are stitched pieces everywhere LOL!. My last post had the ornaments and then I have my finished and current project on the sidebar. There'll be more today when I upload those flat tuck ornaments. I am so happy with how they turned out and the design was so easy to stitch but looks cool with different colors and hand-dyed threads.

I don't think I've posted WW stuff in a while. I did horrible at weigh-in on Monday -- gained 3 pounds! Part of it is because of PMS, but it's also because halfway through last week I gave up and stopped counting points for the week. Bad Mindy! So, I started right back on Monday. I'm also finding I've been counting a few things lower than I should be. Only by one point here and there, but it adds up. That "Complete Food List" book cost me $9 but is well worth it. I haven't updated my little counter at the bottom of the page (most people probably don't see it anyway) but I will update it after weigh-in next week.

On the good side I went to the pool on Monday. I can't go again until tomorrow. I did OK, but it's been 1.5 years and many pounds since the last time I went so I was disappointed in my performance. I probably did better than most average swimmers would do, but I have never seen myself as an average swimmer. That probably sounds egotistical, but I know that swimming 1000 yards used to be a warm-up for me and I didn't even swim that much Monday. Oh well. I'm not to get better by not going, right? Since I'm going to work an hour early I'm going to use an extra half hour for each day this week at lunch so that I can go to the pool. Either that or I'll use an extra hour tomorrow to go to the pool and still have time to eat afterwards. It depends on who else is working on Friday.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:15 AM, Blogger Becky said…

    when I'm 'on my time', I can swing back and forth up to 6 pounds!!

     
  • At 11:46 AM, Blogger Faith Ann said…

    Oh...all your ornaments are beautiful!! Deco Spirits looks great too.

    Have fun getting back to Rose of Sharon. I think she's a lovely piece, she's one of those patterns that doesn't seem to get stitched as often and I can't figure out why.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home