Mindy Memories

Friday, December 03, 2004

Busybodies, Stitching

Rant on

OK, this really gets to me. Some people have nothing better to do than to harass people who post to message boards while they are at work. Some have even called these people's bosses to tell on them. I guess that's part of the peril of sharing too much info on the Internet. Why the hell is it anybody's business? I often post during my lunch hour while I'm at work. Hello? I'm on my break and not getting paid and I have permission to use the Internet in that manner when I'm on break. My last boss didn't care when and how long I was on the Internet at the office (they had DSL, better than my dial-up) as long as my work got done. Let me tell you, I got a lot more work done than he ever did LOL! Somebody decides they don't like a specific person and constantly get on that person's case about it. I hadn't seen anything about it for a while, but it reared it's ugly head again today. The thread got pulled before I saw the whole thing, and that's fine with me. Why do people ASSume that if somebody is doing this that they are going behind their bosses' backs. With modern technology, chances are the bosses know anyway, and if the person has specific permission, why is it such a big deal? So, if I go to lunch at a different time some day am I going to get harangued becuase I MUST be posting when I shouldn't be? Of course, I don't think anybody knows the name of where I work so they wouldn't be able to call my boss, but the thought of it just ticks me off. No, this hasn't happened to me personally but I've seen it happen to others. I think there are some people out there who need to spend more time stitching and less time sticking their noses into the business of everybody else. Of course, these are also the same people who tell me I am not allowed to have an opinion on children because I have none, but they sure have opinions about people being out of work even though they themselves haven't worked outside the home in the last ten years. Yeah, right.

Sorry, but this kind of troublemaking just is so ridiculous. I mean, how old are we?

Rant off


So, this was a busy week. I still have a large amount of work to do on Monday and Tuesday to finish this stuff before the big meeting on Wednesday. I may need somebody to cover my usual front desk time because I don't have the software out there that I need for some of these projects. I usually plan to do any photocopying and PowerPoint presentations out there because that software is there, but PhotoShop and Pagemaker are not. When I have a bunch of projects due at once it's not as easy to plan it that way. We'll see what happens.

I don't have much left on Deco Spirits, just a little near the elbow on that last square. If I get off this computer soon I can finish it tonight. It will feel sooooo good to have it finished, but I need to be careful. I have a very strong urge to start another Mirabilia but I will force myself to stick to my STRIP plan. I wasn't going to start anything else until I finished both Deco Spirits AND Guardian Angel. That way I'll replace two projects with one and have a little less in my WIP stash. The one I plan on starting when Guardian Angel is finished is Celtic Spring, and I'm looking forward to that. Since this is the this month's Mirabilia SAL weekend I'm going to stitch on another Mirabilia after I finish Deco Spirits, probably Christmas Flourishes. I may go from one to another every few hours just to mix things up and put a little time on everything. I'll play it by ear.

Next week I'll start making a few small ornaments for some ladies at work. I have some flat tuck pillows (thanks Ames!) that I'm going to use. They are small so it won't take me long to stitch up some cute little designs to put in them. I love tuck pillows for this exact reason -- no finishing!!

1 Comments:

  • At 8:38 PM, Blogger Kelley said…

    If more people learned to mind their own business the world would be a better place!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home