Mindy Memories

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Pearl Harbor Day

I'm finally getting a partial lunch but it will end as soon as one of the agents emails me the changes for his presentation. Whew! The days before our firm meetings are always crazy, and I actually started bugging people early last week for stuff. There's no way I could have gotten these things done if I had gotten them at the last minute.

I doubt any WWII or other war vets read my stitching/WW blog, but I have such an appreciation for what our Armed Forces have done and are currently doing. It doesn't mean I think every war ever fought or being fought is just, but I respect those doing the fighting. They didn't send themselves there.

It's very telling when, over 60 years later, Pearl Harbor vets break down when talking about their experiences that day. More than one has mentioned trying to help people in the burning oily water whose skin is coming off. I cannot imagine the horror these people faced, not just at Pearl Harbor but at other battles and in other wars. I've seen the same reaction from people who survived the Bataan Death March.

There are days I'm simply horrified by the way we humans treat each other.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home