Mindy Memories

Friday, December 03, 2004

I can only hope for maintaining at this point

I've been off the WW wagon a bit this week. I did well on Tuesday and OK on Wednesday, then yesterday I ended up getting pizza. I know the problem -- the problem is I'm being bad about making a list and getting groceries for home. I have a decent stock at work, and the little deli downstairs has some nice salads and tuna plates that work well for me for when I don't bring my lunch. Once I get home I'm tired and lazy and all I want to do is finish that Deco Spirits, so I've been ordering out and such. This weekend I will get to the grocery store, maybe late tonight or VERY early tomorrow before the crowds arrive. I plan on finishing Deco Spirits tonight as I only have that little area by her elbow to finish, then the backstitching (not much) and the word below.

Been busy at work. We have a big firm meeting next Wednesday and I'm working on various projects for different people. One of the projects is the large 2005 Plannning Book that has action plans from the management team. I noticed that one of the President's goals for 2005 has been to hire a full time Marketing Manager. I'm full time at the moment, but I'm not doing Marketing full time, so I'm hoping that within the next year I will no longer be doing any of the New Business stuff, have an actual office and will be getting paid more as the Marketing Manager. Hopefully when and if that happens they will hire at least a part-timer to take my place in New Business because there's a lot of work there. I believe that's where my job is headed, and have been practically told as much by the guy who is the firm's marketing consultant -- he says his goal is for me to take over his job. So, things do look promising. I was already happy this week that I finally received my first paycheck for working 2 full-time weeks.

Well, my sister is reserving our motel rooms in FL this week. We are staying about 2 miles down the road from my parents in an Extended Stay Motel for $50-$60 per day. Pretty good rate, and it will have a kitchen so we can save money by not eating out as much. It will also be much better for my WW, and there's an exercise room as well. Depending on the weather I will probably just go for a walk outside. I really prefer outside walking to treadmill walking if the weather permits, and for some reason I tend to go for many walks when on vacation. I think it's because I feel less pressure to do other things because I don't see them. When Tim and I go on relatively short vacations together I don't bring my cross stitch, so I wont' have that distraction either. I love my stitching, but I feel it's not fair to Tim for me to bring it with me on vacation when it's our time to spend together and with whomever we are visiting. If I brought my stitching I'd be apt to hole up and stitch and like I said, I don't think that's fair to Tim.

Well, gotta get going. I have to get in the shower and get ready for work. Thank goodness it's Friday. I'm looking forward to a calm weekend, and maybe Tim and I will go shopping for stuff for my mom, as he picked her name out of the hat. I haven't done major Christmas shopping this time of year in a long time, so it should be interesting.

And one last thing... (hey look -- I'm profound!)

Lord of the rings
J.R.R. Tolkien: Lord of the Rings. You are
entertaining and imaginative, creating whole
new worlds around yourself. Well loved, you
have a whole league of imitators, none of which
is quite as profound as you are. Stories and
songs give a spark of joy in the middle of your
eternal battle with the forces of evil.


Which literature classic are you?
brought to you by Quizilla

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home