Mindy Memories

Monday, April 14, 2008

Stitching update

OK, I'm a bit scared posting this, but I think I finally beat the crud I had for about a month. YAY! I was actually able to get in some serious stitching this past weekend, instead of serious napping. I've been working on Skeleton Crew and Tsunami Sampler oer the last few weeks and got a lot done on Tsunami Sampler over the weekend. I'm stitching it using blues, greens and purples as those are my favorite colors. Looking back, I probably should have used DMC instead of variegated flosses, as it makes the sampler a bit busier than I usually like, but I still love the colors and think it will work out. The fabric is actually white, not mottled like it looks in the picture.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Labels:

6 Comments:

  • At 11:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Was Hillary Clinton near where you lived on Sunday?

    Your stitching looks great!

     
  • At 9:58 AM, Blogger Suz said…

    I think the variegated looks great!

    I love your Skeleton Crew as well. Are you doing it on the fabric called for, or did you pick something else out? Inquiring minds (who can't make up their own minds about skeleton crew) want to know!

     
  • At 3:10 PM, Blogger Kelley said…

    The sampler colours are just gorgeous!

     
  • At 3:23 PM, Blogger Rachel S-H said…

    Both of them are looking great!

     
  • At 8:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I always love to see your stitching accomplishments. Love them both.
    Tammy

     
  • At 8:48 PM, Blogger Mindy said…

    Dianne -- I'm not exactly sure where Hilary was the other day, but I know it was somewhere in Drexel Hill. She wasn't near my part, though.

    Suz -- I can't remember the name of the linen I'm using for Skeleton Crew, maybe it's Cobblestone? It's a grayish-brown standard linen (not hand-dyed), about the color of DMC 844.

    Thanks to y'all for the compliements. I'm pretty happy with how both projects are turning out. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home