Mindy Memories

Monday, March 10, 2008

Yes, I'm whining again.

Well, I never did get to that stitching, which is a shame because I've really been in a slump. My "just a cold" isn't. It's an upper-respiratory infection, a lovely thing that seems to be making the rounds at the moment. I honestly thought it was just a bad cold, but then I kept getting a 101 fever every night. After it happened again last night (4th night in a row), I told myself I'd call my doctor. So, he gave me some antibiotics and very low-grade steroids. I can't believe how much work I've missed during the last few months, but there's not much I can do about it. I told my boss I'd try to come back tomorrow, but she said she really wanted me to see how I feel tomorrow for two reasons: 1. she doesn't want me to come back if I should be resting to get rid of this thing; 2. she doesn't want me to give it to the rest of the department, lol.

So, we'll see how I feel in the morning. I can still check email and put out fires as needed from home, so I'm not letting everything completely go. I'm just irritated as heck about the whole thing. I'm glad I talked myself into calling the doctor, at least. I don't like calling about a simple cold, but that fever was bothering me and I developed a lovely cough yesterday. Last thing I want is to let this sort of thing go to long and end up with pneumonia or something. Ick.

Maybe I'll get some stitching in tonight. We'll see. :)

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 1:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ahhh, you really do have my sympathy. I have missed too much work this year due to sickness and recently spent four days in the hospital with a blood clot in my arm, I think that stemmed from an accident I had in icy weather. Your boss sounds like mine. I think they just want us to get healthy so we don't miss once or twice a week. Get well and take care of yourself.
    Tammy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home