Mindy Memories

Saturday, March 08, 2008

Good day for stitching

I really have been in a bit of a stitching slump since getting back from San Francisco a few weeks ago. I'm not sure why, just haven't been in the mood. I think the fact that my livingroom was a disaster area was too distracting for me, lol. I got most of it under control last weekend and will do the final touches today (shouldn't take more than 30-60 minutes) then I can sit and enjoy the place while I'm stitching inside and it's raining and icky outside. I have to run a few minor errands, but I can do those first and get them out of the way.

We'll see how I feel later, anyway. I came down with a nasty cold during the day on Thursday. I do OK during the day, but Thursday and Friday nights I've been running a fever and had a hard time sleeping. Thursday was 100, last night was 101. It's not THAT high, just high enough to make me very cold no matter how many blankets I use and make me generally uncomfortable.

What I'm very thankful for is that the small event we were going to have at the EARN Center has been postponed. It was going to be this morning, meaning I would have had to get up very early to take 90-120 minutes to get up there because part of the El is shut down due to construction and they are using shuttle buses, and in the rain with a nasty cold. I was soooo thankful when I learned we postponed it!

Oh, I bought a few cute spring clothes last weekend at Kohls and Fashion Bug. Fashion Bug has some pretty trapeze-type short-sleeved sweaters in pink, yellow and white. I bought a pink and yellow and will probably go back for the white. I also bought some similarly styled tops at Kohls, along with a dress and a pair of jeans. I'm slowly getting rid of my lighter wash jeans in favor of darker jeans. I'm not getting rid of them until they either don't fit or are worn out, but I don't wear them to casual Fridays and such anymore. The old ones are comfy, but I do notice that I look better in the darker jeans.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home