Mindy Memories

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Nice party last night at friend's house

Hey! I don't remember getting Eric Clapton tickets for my 17th birthday! Man, I missed out!

*Ahem*

So, I went to my friend's son's 17th birthday party last night and had a great time. It's usually close family and friends and him and his friends, and they kinda do their thing and we do ours. He usually makes out like a bandit at these things, as this was no exception. I know he got some cash, $100 in I-tunes gift cards and those Clapton tickets for him and a friend. I told him that he will have people kissing up to him until that concert comes around, lol.

That being said, he deserves it. He made honor roll again this quarter, has steadily brought his grades up in a tough class from a D to a B, and is still volunteering at a nursing home twice a week even though his required hours for school were met quite a while ago. So, I won't hold the Clapton tickets against him. :)

Today, I went through my clothes so that my spring/summer stuff is out and my winter stuff is put away. I still have some laundry to do so not all the winter stuff is away, but that should all be taken care of this week. I didn't realize I had so many capri pants, lol. I know they aren't the most flattering, but they are comfy and a little cooler than pants and I can sit however I want in them but can't in a skirt or dress.

I also had a shopping spree at Payless the other day. I'm really becoming a shoe hound, but it was Payless and they were having their "buy one get the second for 1/2 off" sale, so I paid about $65 for four pairs of shoes -- not too shabby. I got two pairs of slingback peep-toe wedges, one in brown and one in yellow. I also bought some simple black patent pumps and some cute brown & white closed-toe wedges. I really prefer closed-toe shoes to peep-toe, but it's downright difficult to find spring/summer shoes that aren't peep-toe. Oh well, people are just going to have to deal with seeing my toes.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 2:06 PM, Blogger Kelley said…

    I hate peep-toe shoes too. I live in flip-flops all summer. I know, I know, bad for your hips or something. But otherwise my feet get too hot.

     
  • At 10:26 AM, Blogger Suz said…

    I absolutely hate open-toed shoes. I think it's some sort of mental hangup, since I've spent the last 12 years of my life in a lab.

    It's such a PITA to find closed toed shoes, but I do manage it now and again. I do have 3 new pairs of closed toed pumps that are adorable from Kohls... now if my ankle would just let me wear them...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home