Mindy Memories

Saturday, December 01, 2007

OK, no more Old Navy for me

Granted, their clothes aren't the best quality, but they do have some cute sweaters and jeans. However, they've been irritating me for a while and after something I read today I've decided I'm not buying from them any longer.

I've been lucky that I don't have to buy clothes from them from the plus section, which is only online. Much of their larger-sized stuff in the store fits me, but I *was* going to buy a few more items online. They took their plus-sized line out of stores. I'm sure it was a business decision, but it was frustrating for many to only buy online as their sizes are very screwy and often the same item in the same size doesn't fit the same way.

What did it for me, however, was a post I saw where we were talking about a recent coupon they put out that says, "in-store only." So, anyone plus-sized can only use it in the store, where there is nothing their size? Many people said they called and were able to use it online. One person called and was told by the sales person, "If you lose some weight you could shop in store and not have to order plus size online." !!! Now, I know that's just one person and I probably shouldn't judge the entire operation on that person, but it pretty much reiterates how many of us plus-sized women feel Old Navy feels about us, anyway.

I may change my mind at some point after I calm down, but I can tell you I won't be buying anything from them for quite a while, if ever.

Labels:

7 Comments:

  • At 8:51 AM, Blogger Chiloe said…

    What a rude and mean person :-o I feel sorry for the person that had to hear that. People don't get fat because they think it will be fun ... it can happen to anybody. So sad people still judge others from the outside ...

     
  • At 11:05 AM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    Oh my god. I would have asked to speak to a supervisor immediately!! That is just an awful thing to say to someone!!

     
  • At 12:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    She's probably some little college aged sweetie thin as a pencil. Wait till she gets a life and we will see how skinny she stays! I don't buy plus size from them online, because as you said they have screwy sizes.
    tammy

     
  • At 1:03 AM, Blogger Christine said…

    That was rude and uncalled for on the part of the ON employee. I have never shopped at Old Navy, didn't know that they even had plus-sized clothes. But as a plus-sized woman myself, I sure won't be looking to them for clothes anytime soon.

    Even if I lost weight, I doubt I'd fit in their (or anyone else's *regular* sizes ever. I'm 5' 10" and big-boned. That's just the way my body is, and I accept that. I'll NEVER be thin. And if a store is not willing to treat me the same as they treat their thin customers, well, they can stuff it.

     
  • At 1:24 PM, Blogger claudia said…

    My daughters would occasionally shop at ON, but when I went with them I was always upset, because I am a big woman and there was never anything for me there. (although I liked some of the styles and color choices) I have never spent a penny in that store, and now really won't! I am a customer service person in a hardware store and even if I was thinking something (like if a customer was being mean or something like that) would NEVER let that thought come out of my mouth or in my demeanor. Those customers are my bread and butter!

     
  • At 4:53 PM, Blogger Suz said…

    I rarely shop at Old Navy. I've noticed that their cuts are really weird on me, especially the tops. I did like that I could find the occasional pair of "fat jeans" there, but I haven't been in a while.

    I cannot believe that the rep said something like that. I think my response would have been something to the effect of them not needing my money, now or ever.

    I think I can safely refuse to have anything to do with them in the future.

     
  • At 3:46 PM, Blogger Rachel S-H said…

    Wow, that was offensive.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home