Mindy Memories

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Remember D-Day

Yikes. I've been really bad about posting lately, and I still need to get those pictures. Oh well, now I have more of The Lady of the Flag to show off than before.

I'm on my lunch break so don't have much time, but I just had to get this off my chest: Who gives a crap if today is June 6, 2006? If you want to make it out as being 666 and any child born today could be the Anti-Christ, well, that's on you. Does this happen every year ending in 06? It's not like this is the first one. I understand it for marketing the remake of "The Omen" - makes perfect sense for them to do this. But I've been hearing so much about women are having their babies today that it's a bit much. Some think it's funny, others are seriously freaked out by it.

Normally this wouldn't really bother me that much except people are forgetting something that happened about 62 years ago today: D-DAY. People from many countries gave their lives that day and those that followed, but it seems to have barely been a blip on the morning news today.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:41 PM, Blogger Karen said…

    Mindy, great point about D-Day. I share your annoyance with all this 666 hoopla. Are people so bored with themselves they are willing to cling to something so trivial and meaningless for entertainment and diversion?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home