Mindy Memories

Saturday, June 10, 2006

SBQ catch-up

Haven't posted the SBQs for quite a while, but will only go back a few weeks.

Do you collect charts by one particular designer, yet have never stitched anything by that designer? If so, which designer and why do you collect the charts but have not yet stitched any of them?
I own many TW charts and am still working on the first one I started about 5 years ago. I work on it a little here and there. Her designs are beautiful, but they are more of a challenge then I like sometimes. I also collect some Mirabilias that I may never stitch, but I like to have them as Nora's my favorite designer. I also collect Dragon Dreams and Just Nan designs, and have started collecting Simply Old-Fashioned designs. I probably will eventually stitch those, though. I could probably sell the TW books and charts, but I like looking at them and will maybe some day stitch some of them.

What is your favorite specialty stitch? Which one is your least favorite? Why?
I like most specialty stitches -- eyelets, starts, satin stitches. The only one I really don't like is the Queen Stitch. I just can't get mine to look even the way they are supposed to look, and often substitue other specialty stitches when they come up. I've made quite a few small designs using nothing but specialty stitches.

Lately, it seems that many stitching bloggers have experienced a loss of their stitching mojo. Have you ever lost your stitching mojo? If so, how did you get it back and how long did it take?
Yes, last time it lasted for about a month after I finished a large project. I often go through one after I finish a Mirabilia. It's almost like I'm sad that project is finished, even though I have several others going and worked like crazy to finish it. Makes no sense. I usually use the time to organize stash, get more reading done, catch up on housework, etc. In fact, the last time I went through a slump I finally got around to reading the entire Harry Potter series that's currently in print. After a few days, a week, or a month, I get in the mood again and either get to work on an in-progress Mirabilia or a small project.

Do you or have you stitched with over-dyed threads? (Weeks Dye Works, The Gentle Art Sampler Threads, Six Strand Sweets, etc.) If so, what is your opinion concerning them? If not, why not?
Yes, and I love them! I used them on my self-designed little specialty stitch ornaments and plan to do these every year for Christmas gifts. I use them on other projects as well. They don't work for everything. I can't imagine using them for Mirabilias, as the shading on those designs are already great and replacing those color blocks with overdyed floss would probably make the designs way too busy. I love collecting overy-dyed threads and absolutely loooove the Caron Waterlillies over-dyeds -- stitching with that silk, it's like buttah. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home