Mindy Memories

Friday, April 21, 2006

Movie time

I saw a few movies in the past couple of days. I had yesterday off, so after I was finished with my appointments I had just enough time to get to the theater and watch V for Vendetta. I wanted to see it a few weeks ago but wasn't able to. I liked it, but parts of it were disturbing. I don't want to say too much, but one moment I feel myself agreeing with and feeling bad for the main character (V), and other times I'm horrified by his methods. The ending surprised me. I'll probably end up getting it when it comes out on DVD.

Today I watched Good Night, And Good Luck on PPV. I really liked it. In fact, I liked it enough that it left me wanting more. How often does a movie do that these days, when movies often go too long just to add more unnecessary action scenes or gratuitous violence or sex? I hope other people came away from that movie with the same feeling and actually DO learn more. Of course, I knew who McCarthy and Murrow were, but I didn't know much about this "war" of theirs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home