Mindy Memories

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Saw a great movie tonight

Dana and I went to a movie tonight, a bit on the fly, figuring we'd decide what we were going to see when we got there. The only one playing near to the time we arrived was "Walk the Line," which I'd heard was good, so we watched it. It was awesome! I'd love to see them make a sequel to it showing the rest of their lives together, with the same cast, but that may be too much to ask and have it come out as well. Reese Witherspoon is too darn cute, as always, and was a great June Carter, and Joaquin Phoenix was very good, as usual. I'd like to see this one win some Oscars.

I also liked the fact that they didn't make his first wife out to be some sort of villian. She wasn't perfect, he wasn't perfect, and you could see both sides of things. Frankly, she really put up with quite a bit for a long time.

I remember when I was very little and the farm was still doing well, and my parents would go out to Johnny Cash concerts. This would have been in the 70s. My dad always liked his music and I'll probably end up buying this for my parents when it comes out in the stores.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home