Mindy Memories

Saturday, October 29, 2005

OK, I changed my mind

I'm still not in the mood to do real posting as usual, but didn't want to keep that rambling post as my last one for a while. So, here's some catching up with Movie Musings.

1. Well, we've covered over-all favorite films. Let's break it down a little more by starting in on genres. Baseball playoffs are upon us, which inspires me to ask: What are your favorite sports films? What sports films do you think are terrible? Do you tend to watch a lot of sports movies or very few, or do you avoid them completely? Which sports (if any) do you watch on television? Are those the same sports you enjoy as movies?

I'm really not into sports films, but one of my favorites is "The Sandlot." It's about kids in the early '60s who play baseball in a sandlot and the one kid is new and they teach him how to play and he snags his stepdad's baseball one day to use -- it was signed by Babe Ruth. Cute movie.

Other than that, I can't think of too many I liked or have even seen -- never had the urge to see "Field of Dreams" or "Bull Durham" or anything like that.

2. What is your favorite movie snack? Do you usually get something to eat and/or drink at the theater, or is it a rare treat? What snack (if any) do you usually eat while watching a movie at home?

At home I usually eat popcorn and drink soda or water. In the theater I tend to get chocolate or pretzels, as often movie popcorn just doesn't agree with my tummy. I don't even get the fake butter, but I think sometimes they don't clean the machines as much as they should.

3. Movie trailers: some love them, others loathe them. What do you think of them? Do you make it a point to arrive in time to see them, or do you try hard to walk into the theater after they're over? Do you ever watch/download them on the internet? There is even a television show that that only shows movie trailers. Do you watch that show, or would you if it was available in your area?

I don't mind them, for the most part. What I really don't like are the commercials before the movie -- especially for that Fanta soda crap. God, those are annoying! I get to the movies early, mainly so that I can get my food and my seat while I can still see. I hate going to a movie theater when it's already dark and full of people. I've watched a few online if I'm curious, but that's about it.

4. Halloween is fast approaching. Let's try another genre question. What are your favorite horror and/or suspense films? What horror/suspense films do you think are terrible? Do you tend to watch a lot of them, or do you avoid them completely? Do they give you nightmares and/or continue to "creep you out" for days, or are they gone as soon as you leave the theater?

I love horror/suspense movies for the most part, but not crazy about hacker/slasher films. My favorites off the top of my head are:

The Fog (original)
Halloween series
What Lies Beneath
Silence of the Lambs
Scream series (scary but funny)
The Ring
House on Haunted Hill (original)
Fallen
Se7en
Gothika
13 Ghosts
Ghost Ship
Alien (first one)

The only one that has given me nightmares wasn't supposed to be a horror movie -- "Saving Private Ryan." I dreamt all night that the Nazis were trying to find me. I'm not overly fond of "Wrong Turn," "The Grudge," and the "Nightmare on Elm Street" series.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:31 PM, Blogger Autumn said…

    I love the Sandlot too! One of the best movies!! Have you seen the second one? I haven't, mainly because I was worried that it would really suck and ruin both of them for me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home