Mindy Memories

Monday, July 25, 2005

Various meanderings

Why is it that I'm the only one who replaces toilet paper in this place? I'm not the only one who uses it, why am I the only one who always ends up having to buy it?

______________________________________________

I don't know why I continue to visit a certain board that just ticks me off more than anything else. Most of the people are fine, but a few spew such hatred toward things they don't understand that I really should just stop going there -- and no, I'm not talking about any stitching board. I took a break from the board and thought it would be OK to go back, but I was wrong. Oh well, my posts there were largely ignored anyway, so it's not a big loss, and I can see many of the peole there I like in other places. I will never understand the animosity some people have for those who are different from them -- religion, sexuality, whatever. I have the feeling this same person would be totally against my relationship with Tim, he just doesn't say so.

______________________________________________

I'm watching Thirteen Ghosts again. It's a gruesome movie, but I like it more than I thought I would. I always feel bad for Dad, though. That part where that one ghost (the Jackal) takes his daughter and he's trying to fight to get her back while she's getting all scratched up -- it just makes me cringe. The girl is probably supposed to be 18ish but she turns into a little girl crying for her daddy, and I certainly don't blame her. Just seeing the poor guy trying to fight something he can't see while seeing his daughter getting hurt like that -- well, it just is heartwrenching to me. If I had a kid and somebody hurt her, I'd probably go nuts and hunt the person down. Yes, another reason for me not to have them LOL!

______________________________________________

What is it about "quiet time" that people can't understand? Because we have so many agents now, our Business Manager has instituted quiet time for us until 10:30AM. This means that we are not supposed to be disturbed until then, and we are allowed to ignore emails and the phone until then. Now, I won't answer my phone or listen to voice mails until that time, but I tend to answer my emails as soon as I get them. I keep thinking this will help foster the idea that it's best to contact me via email, as I've been trying to get them to do for some time now. Yes, I'm probably fooling myself.

Anyway, most people are fine about this, but as it is in all workplaces, there are a few who think the rules don't apply to them. The worst one is one of the managers and is a very nice guy, and I think he thinks that since we like him that he can do this. I mean, everybody has emergencies once in a while, and that's different. But almost every day he comes back and bothers us about something that could have easily waited, or that is an emergency due to his lack of planning. What's worse is that since he's a manager, his agents will pick up on this behavior. As it is, he tells them things that aren't accurate and then we are the ones who have to fix the mess -- like telling new agents they get $200 to send out a mailing when they first arrive. Uh no. We send out 200 PIECES and it's something I print for them. There's a HUGE difference between sending out 200 pieces at $.37 and $200 in mailings. He's very involved with the special needs community and does great things, but it's gotten to the point where my patience is running thin and I don't care how great a guy he is, he needs to respect our time. I think the Business Manager is going to talk to him about it, but I'm not sure that he'll ever get it.

______________________________________________

The weather here this week is going to be atrocious. They said it's going to feel like 110 tomorrow (heat index). Blech! Guess when I get home from work tomorrow I'll be sitting in front of the fans and not moving a muscle. Luckily, it looks like it will be wonderful on Thursday, except for a thunderstorm. Even if it's overcast all day, I'll take that and 82 degrees over this crap any day LOL! Have I mentioned that I'm really looking forward to autumn?

1 Comments:

  • At 10:25 AM, Blogger Dianne said…

    Yep, the guys here would kick the roll of toilet paper all around the bathroom and never hang it up. In fact they are terrible about picking up papers and trash off the floor in general. I did 'a test' one time and left a coupon on the floor and it laid there until I picked it up a week later!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home