Mindy Memories

Friday, July 22, 2005

Finally, a FL meme

Ok, last one -- I promise. I figured I should cover all areas where I have lived.





You Know You're From Florida When...



You own at least five pairs of flip flops

I was an odd one, but I never had flip flops. I don't like them, but I had a pair of Dr. Scholl's I wore out.

You know someone who's been struck by lightning

No, but it sure does happen a lot down there.

You're more scared of the freaks who live down the street than gators

Most definitely!

Your backyard is sometimes a swamp

Actually the house across from us was on a lake that sometimes got a bit swampy, so it's close.

You're officially sick of Disney

Have you been reading my blog? LOL!

You shrug off hurricane warnings

Sometimes. We wouldn't ignore them but we paid attention to how things were going.

You've been permanently blinded by fat men in speedos

It's tough, I tell ya.

There are only two seasons - hot and hotter

Ain't that the truth!

You've drank a flaming alligator.

Never had one, but I love the flaming hurricanes.

You actually get these jokes and pass them on to other friends from Florida.

Yes, but I bet I could come up with more. We'll see what I can think of later. Too burnt out from the week now.





4 Comments:

  • At 2:27 PM, Blogger Nancy in IL said…

    Mindy, thought you might like the link to the TW "Tempest In A Teapot,", which Teresa herself OK'd with the girl who coverted it.
    http://blondelibrarian.net/stitching/teal-tempest-conversion/.

    Going now to check out your new blogging goodies. I'm trying to get a blog opened here, and went out to find a new skin. Only had luck with one working. Lotta nice ones out there, but they're done by dummies like me ;-)
    Nancy

     
  • At 10:42 PM, Blogger Dianne said…

    Not to be a pill, but your lettering is white against blue on your Meme finds, so maybe you can go in your html and change that to a darker color.

     
  • At 10:42 AM, Blogger Mindy said…

    That's weird. It was black when I first posted them. Oh well, just went back in and changed them all to black. Thanks for the heads-up, and you're never a pill :)

     
  • At 10:44 AM, Blogger Mindy said…

    Nancy -- thanks for the link! I really like that color combination :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home