Mindy Memories

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

The Entity in Elevator No. 2

Does this sound like a strange horror movie? No, it's what is living in my office building.

I've been working here over a year now. About the first or second week I came here somebody apparently got sick on Elevator No. 2. So, they ended up taking the carpet out of all the elevators. They actually look much nicer this way, with beautiful black and white marbley tile. However, that stink is still in this elevator a year later. Now, I know it gets cleaned on a regular basis but I don't know what the heck is up.

Not only that, but this is always the elevator that acts up. It's one of four elevators, one of which isn't as nice because it's the freight elevator. We aren't really supposed to use it but sometimes we do. A week ago it was down for about a week because it was shimmeying a bit. One time I was in it and the computer display went off and I had no idea if I was even still moving because it's a quiet elevator. When it stopped I thought I might now be in another dimension LOL! There's just always weird stuff going on in there.

I'm reminded of The Beast from a Seinfeld episode, where the smell went from the car to anyone who was in it. Luckily, this isn't that bad, but it always seems to be the elevator that goes up to the 9th floor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home